Chapter Thirty One

Katherine's POV

When I woke up, I was not feeling good. I wasn't tired, how could I be?

I was terrified. Today was the fight. Ok. Gotta calm my nerves. I'm fine. Perfectly calm.

Someone knocked on my door and opened it. I leapt out the window.

"Kat? Why did you just jump out the window?" Someone poked their head out my window.

Oh. It was just Emmett. I jumped back inside. "I saw a bunny." What? It's Emmett, he believes anything.

"Really? Where?!" he cried, looking around excitedly.

"It ran away. So what's up?" I asked, trying to change the subject. Or else Emmett might spend the entire fight trying to find it.

"Oh, right. Carlisle wants everyone to come downstairs at ten."

"Sure."

"Well byyyyyyyyye!" He hugged me then went running off. I heard him calling to Rose to help him find a bunny.

You would think with Emmett being the biggest he was rough and dangerous but the guy wouldn't hurt a fly.

Unless he was trying to catch it. He tried catching a fly once. Ended up somewhere in France because he wanted THAT fly not some other fly.

I checked the time. Good, still half an hour before I had to go. I went downstairs in the kitchen.

Hopefully Edward was there. Oh yay! He was. "Edwaaaaaaaaaard." I sat on on of the chairs by the counter.

"Yes, I'll make eggs and bacon," he interrupted me.

"Thanks."

Edward smiled, kissed me lovingly, then went to the fridge. Bella walked in.

"Oh, hi Edward. Can you make me some eggs and bacon too? I'm starving," she said, batting her eyelashes.

Retard. "You're a vampire. How can you be hungry for human food?" I asked her.

"Then who's that for?"

"Me," I answered.

"Why?" she asked, stupidly.

"Because I'm hungry," I said slowly. Maybe she was dropped when she was younger. Edward snickered.

"But you're a vampire, you don't need human food. What are you, stupid?"

I slapped her. I couldn't help it. How can you expect me to live with a thing like that???

Bella scoffed and walked away. "And Edward? Don't bother with the egss and bacon, I'm not hungry anymore," she called.

"It is humanly impossible for anyone to be so idiotic. But hey, she's a vampire. Guess there's no limit," said Edward, placing the plate in front of me.

I cracked up. He laughed with me, while pulling out a bottle of orange juice and pouring it out.

"I can't cook. I can pour orange juice into a glass," I said, getting up and taking the glass and orange juice from him.

"Yeah, but you might try to boil the juice or something," he said, smirking.

I stuck out my tongue at him. Edward grinned back at me.

I finished my breakfast and went by the sink and began to wash them. But I got kinda lazy so I just twisted around the water to make it finish faster.

"Lazy," Edward said, smiling at me.

"I get it from you," I shot back.

He smirked, came closer and kissed me.

I kissed him back. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I slipped my arms around his neck.

Edward deepened the kiss. He flicked his tongue across my bottom lip. I kept my mouth closed, just to annoy him.

He let out a growl. He put his hands on my waist and lifted me onto the counter, my legs on either side of him.

Edward left my lips and began kissing down my neck. He found my soft spot and sucked on it.

First gently, then harder. I moaned. He took advantage of that and quickly slipped his tongue inside my mouth.

I loved him so much. He explored all over my mouth. The heat between us was nearly unbearable.

I moaned into his mouth. He pulled away again and sucked on my neck. I arched my back, begging for more.

He sucked harder then returned to my lips. Edward put his hands by the hem of my shirt. I pulled him closer.

He kissed me more passionately. He put one of his hands up my shirt. I didn't want to at all, but I pulled away.

"What's wrong?" he murmured, moving back to my neck. "Maybe a little too much. We are in a kitchen you know," I said, breathing heavily.

"So you're saying if we weren't in a kitchen..." he pulled away from my neck to smirk at me, breathing heavily as well.

"I didn't say anything," I said jumping off the counter smiling slightly.

I was about to talk in the living room when he took my hand and pulled me back. Edward pulled me against his chest.

He pressed his forehead against mine and stared straight into my eyes. "I love you, Katherine," he said sincerely.

I smiled. "I love you too," I whispered.

Edward tightened his grip around my waist and kissed me. Soft and sweet. He pulled away and stared at me, his eyes full of love.

I kissed him back. Just a short kiss. He took my hand and we walked into the living room.

We were the first ones there. He sat down on the couch and pulled me on his lap, burying his face in my hair.

Soon, everyone was here. Carlisle came in and sat down.

"I didn't ask you here to make any big long speech, I just wanted to say that whatever happens, happens. Look out for each other. Protect each other."

We nodded. We were all scared. We just refused to let it show.

"I'm scared," announced Emmett.

All of us but Emmett. Rosalie rubbed his shoulder. We all chatted for a little while longer, then Edward took me up to his room.

We put on a movie. Pirates of the Caribbean. Love that show. I relaxed in Edward's arms.

He began to massage my shoulders. Geez, he was good. Slowly, the fear I had about the fight dissolved.

Edward whispered in my ear throughout the movies. We put on all the other Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Suddenly, we heard Carlisle calling us. 

I glanced at the time. Geez, half eleven already? (In the night, btw)

I gulped. Edward gave me a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. You're smart. You're fast. You'll be fine."

I nodded. He lowered his head and kissed me. Then he took my hand and we walked downstairs. Everyone was there, nervous looks on their faces.

(A/N I know I forgot to say what time the fight was, so let's just say midnight in the forest!)

Carlisle had been looking out the window. He turned around and looked at all of us.

"We leave now."