Chapter 5- Absence

Luke was busy today with the band and I was busy with the team, so there was no second date planned. Not until tomorrow and to tell you, I was far more than excited for our second date. Ever since yesterday, I’ve been on cloud 9. As cheesy as it sounds. I’ve basically been feeling so ‘free’ and I have never felt better in my life.

“Either she is high or she’s dreaming.” I hear one of my team mates say. And I snap out of my little dream. I forgot to mention that the exhilarating feeling from yesterday is causing me to zone out. Hey not my fault. Can’t blame me.

“Something is wrong with you Cap. You were anti-social for four days and all of a sudden you’re….this.” Val indicates ‘this’ by drawing circles in the air with her fork. The girls I am with shake their head in agreement with Val. I look at each of them with narrowed eyes but they each ignore me and return to their food.

“What? I’m happy, ok? Can’t a girl be happy?” All the girls dropped their utensils and as if they were freaking mind readers, they looked at each other and the large grins appeared on their faces. Something was up and I didn’t like the look that each of them were giving me.  “What? What is it?” I question, getting a little scared as to what these girls might be thinking.

“We know why you’re happy. And oh my fucking god! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL US?” Eneta began to constantly slap my arm as she screamed in frustration. Then it clicked in my head, they somehow figured out that Luke and I are now official.

“How did you know? About Luke and I?”

“WE ARE YOUR BEST FRIENDS! THAT’S WHY!” Vicky shouts. Gaining a few looks from the other people that were peacefully enjoying their breakfast.

“It happened yesterday. I’m still pretty thrilled from it, so yeah. Anyways, Luke Hemming’s and I are officially dating!” The girls cheered and I raised my cup up for everyone to raise a toast to me. Breakfast then continued on as usual and I then went on to scrolling through twitter. Might as well when I’m waiting for the other girls to finish eating.

Luke Baby <3: Hey babe! I know we probably won’t see each other a lot today (BOO HOO) but I thought I would text you and say that I am thinking about you and that the boys say ‘hi’ and that I’ve got a surprise for you tomorrow! Can’t wait to see you again, I love you!

“Aw! Luke sent her an adorable text!” Valerie announced and I see her looking at my phone. I shove it away from her sight and turn around to reply to Luke.

Me: You are absolutely adorable! Thank you so much for that! Tell the boys I say ‘hi’ too! And that I call them lazy assholes because they didn’t text me themselves! Anyways, of course I am thinking about you too and can’t wait to see you! Damn, do I really have to wait until tomorrow for the surprise? Anyways, I love you more!

“Aw, cute couple texts. OTP!” All of them shouted and I blushed. I couldn’t help it, I was falling for Luke. I was falling hard.

****

Practice was over and my body was aching as I hopped off the team bus at the hotel, word from coach was that the team we’re playing tonight is a fellow American team and is apparently a strong team in the league that they play in but he assures us that we will win because of the fact that their league is ranked lower than ours. Us being the top league.

Something was up though, Coach never mentioned the name of the team and he sort of looked at me and gave me some look before wishing us all a good luck for tonight and that he’ll see us later. I stayed in the lobby sort of lost at what that look meant. There is definitely something that he’s not telling me, or all of us for that matter but that look he gave me earlier, he only gave to me and no one else. So whatever it is that he is hiding is something that’ll be a piece of news that I don’t want to hear and he just wants me to find out myself.