Chapter 29- Forever

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” I said in disbelief. “No.” My throat clogged up and I gathered each test together and I throw them into the bin.

“Nicole, let’s go home.” I nodded. Vicky wraps an arm around me and we get a cab. When we arrived home, all the boys were waiting in the living room. Getting up as soon as we came in.

“Is everything alright?” Luke asks. I wanted to tell him but I couldn’t. We’re too young. There was this fear within me, the fear that Luke would leave me because of this. He’s busy with the band and won’t have time to take care of a baby. His eyes shift to me, begging me for answers but I didn’t dare to look into his eyes and just walked upstairs. “I need to go talk to her.” I hear Luke say.

“No.” Vicky. “She needs time alone.” I curl myself into a ball and stay on the floor of my bedroom. Letting the shock take over me. I’m not ready. I can’t do it. I kept saying in my head. I hear the door open and close, I could tell its Vicky. She sits with me on the floor and places a hand on my shoulder. “Do you want me to tell Luke?” She offers. I shake my head furiously.

“No. He’s just going to leave me.” I cried out. “We’re too young Vicky! We’re both 17!”

“He’s going to find out as soon as your bump starts to grow.” Vicky slowly rubs circles around my back and I relax a little but not enough to stop the tears that escaped my eyes.

“I know but how is he going to react? What about the fans? They’re going to make fat jokes about me and you know what happened when I first came to Tampa. I don’t want to fall back there. I’ve been years clean, I don’t want this baby to be the reason I fall back.

“It won’t. You’re a much stronger girl now. You’re not going to fall back there. Just promise me you will tell him before he finds out through the fans, or through the fact that your belly will be growing. Promise me?” Vicky gives me her pinkie finger and I smile weakly at her as I locked our pinkies together. “Now, you can stay up here. I’ll try to make sure Luke doesn’t come up here. Just rest alright? Stress isn’t good for a baby.” With one last reassuring pat on the back. Vicky leaves the room. Going downstairs and I knew she was telling Luke how he’s not allowed to see me.

Luke was furious but the boys held him back. Then I hear the front door slam shut and I knew, he left. Some more conversation happened downstairs and it’s taken me about an hour to get up from the floor and go to my bed. Putting myself under the covers. I was trying to sleep but I couldn’t sleep knowing I can’t feel Luke’s arms around me.

****

~Vicky’s POV~

I came down the stairs and the boys stood up again. Each of them were worried but Luke was the one giving me the worst look. How the hell do I deliver the news to him? I take a deep breath in and out. “Luke, you can’t see Nicole.” I said. Well that came out easier than I thought.

“What?! Are you telling me I can’t see my fiancée?”

“It’s for the best. She’s not feeling the best right now and it’d be best if she has some space from you.” I reasoned. Luke wasn’t taking it well and by the way he was clenching his fists together, I could tell that he wanted to punch something. Punch something to let his anger out and judging by the angry glare he’s giving me, I knew that he wanted to punch me.

“This is BULLSHIT!” He shouted before storming out of Nicole’s apartment. The loudness of his door slam made my ears twitch a little. Frankly, I was scared. I’ve never seen Luke this mad, nor have I ever heard about him getting mad. It was hitting me harder than it should.