Chapter 6- Psychos

I stayed at the hospital after they had done something with my nose. According to Steve, and to the doctors, I broke it after Phoebe punched me. Steve went out to call someone and I stayed inside, turning on the TV. A local news report was on and it was a bout a hockey game. Oh, I like hockey! So I turned the volume up and just listened in. All of a sudden a picture of me came up and Steve walked in as it did so.

"Is that me?" I question, pointing to the screen.

"Yeah."

"Why am I on the news? I only broke my nose." Steve took the chair to the side and sat on it. He seemed as if he was about to tell me a story. The story on how my nose breaking got on the news and how they even got my picture. He is a wizard! He knows everything!

"You are a professional hockey player. You are the captain of a team; you are the top player in the league. You have a brother who is also a professional hockey player and your parents are highly supportive of you. You have a massive fan base and you're on the news because the girl that hit you did a bad hit and it caused you to lose memory and knock you out. Nicole, you're here in Australia for a competition and that competition is very important here and it gets filmed and shown on TV which is why you're on the news." Steve finished off and all I do is nod my head.

Something all of a sudden clicks and I call out to Steve, who was about to leave the room. I instruct him to sit down. For a while the thought disappears but when I replay what Steve told me, it all came back to me. Like it was so obvious and I was blind to see it. Just for seconds I laughed a little at myself for forgetting, but then again it wasn't my fault! Phoebe's fault.

"I'm Nicole Peyton Stamkos. I am Steven Stamkos' sister and I am the captain of a woman's Ice Hockey Team. My best friends on the team are Valerie, Eneta, Vicky, Francesca, Shae-Leigh, Claire and Kelly. I started the fight and won but the punch that Phoebe sent was too hard and I broke my nose and loss my memory momentarily and I'm dating Lucas Hemming's." I recalled.

"Wait. You remember everything now?" I nod.

"Steve. How much longer till the game ends?" I ask.

"They're finishing the second period now."

"Well then, what are we waiting for?"

****

Getting the doctors to discharge me was easy, I remembered everything and my condition was alright, so as soon as we exited the hospital, Steve holding my gear bag and stick, we took a taxi and went straight for the arena. We watched the clock carefully and by the time we arrived and I got changed they just started the last period. I ran out and noticed that Claire was about to hop over the boards and get on the ice.

"Claire, sit. I hope you don't mind." I jump over the boards and when I land on the ice, the puck is coming my way. I get it on my stick and power skate to the opposing goalie. Easily I chip it up to the corner and hear the buzzer go off. I scored. All my team mates that were on the ice come to me for one massive group hug.

"WHAT A COMEBACK!!! How are you even here? We were told you forgot everything."

"I did but it all came back to me and as for why I am here, I'm here to win with my team!" We hugged it out once again before skating over to the team bench and giving each of the players fist bumps. The crowd roared with cheers, I notice that the cheering is for me, since I am a hockey player I showed my appreciation to them by raising my stick up in the air and skating around.

In the midst of the crowd, I spot Luke. Giving me a worried look. I laugh and mouth him 'I love you', for a second he's confused but his face lights up again and he does the same. The other boys begin to tease him, making love hearts with their hands and making kissy faces at him. Such idiots.