It's Done

Macs POV
I shoved Demi slightly aside and walked out the front door, nothing on my mind except getting away from her.

It wasn't until I turned up at a park that I realised what I was trying to find. It was so long ago I had almost forgotten, before jake and definitely before Demi.

The only question was, could I actually hurt her just for something this silly?

My thoughts were cut off abruptly by a loud yelling.

"Mackenzie!?! Is that you!?!"

I spun around, terrified of who it might be. My jaw dropped, what felt like to the floor, and a gasp flew from my lips.

"Rex!? Oh my fucking God Rex!"

She laughed and ran over to me, her Nike shorts and shirt covered in sweat.

"Holy shit kid, why are you here? What are you doing?"

I shrugged "I moved here a little while ago, I just had to get out of the house ya know"

She smiled at me and nodded before pulling me into a tight hug "God I missed you, rehab was awful"

I bit my lip and shrugged "I didn't hear from you...how was it?"

"It was rough, I mean I couldn't even believe how hard but I made it though. I've been out something like 3 years? I'm just glad I got to go to a good facility in LA"

A frown formed on my face but I quickly shut it down and hugged her tightly.

"So you're clean then? Not into drugs or anything anymore?"

A sly smile graced her features "now you have to know me better than that, I'm only a few years older than you"

I giggled softly "yeah, so is my mom"

She frowned at me and I sighed "a lot has changed since you left Rex, I got adopted by the sweetest girl ever and I never have to see my dad again"

Her arms wound around my torso as she squealed "oh my god! I'm so happy for you!"

"Rex...do you know where I can score some stuff? I just need a quick hit and I won't touch the stuff again, I haven't even since you left especially with jake but I just need it"

She looked at me a moment, a sad expression on her face, before nodding "I do, but Mickey why do you even need it? I thought you had it good now? A new family"

"Look I have to get back so take my number and text me when you got stuff for me okay?"

I held out my phone to her and watched as entered her number. She quickly sent herself a text and handed it back to me.

"Stay sane kid, I'll message you tomorrow with the deets"

I smiled and waved as she continued on her run, the only thing apart from drugs that ever kept her sane.

Sighing I flicked her a text and sat down on the swings. I should go home, but a few more minutes won't kill Demi.

I sat on the swing, kicking my feet through the dirt and trying to ignore the stupid voice in my head telling me to go home and check on Demi.