42

I stuffed another red cup into the black garbage bag as Demi sat on the couch with her legs tucked neatly under herself.

"Aren't you going to help?" I moaned for the thousandth time.

"Nope, this is your mess so you clean it up" she smiled smugly at me.

I groaned as I picked up two more cups before tossing the bag to the side.

"Lunch break!" I yelled.

"Not even close, you had breakfast ten minutes ago. Baby I know you don't want to do this but you have to, clean up the cups and bottles then wipe down the walls and benches and finally finish with vacuuming the floor" Demi recited.

I groaned and grabbed the bag again, tossing more rubbish into it.

It took an hour to clean the first floor of the house. The countless cups and empty bottles. Including of course the backyard which also held disgusting amounts of vomit.

I turned off the hose, the last of the vomit sprayed off the side of the pool and away from the grass.

Trudged inside and dumped my wet shoes in the mud room.

I climbed upstairs, more garbage bags in hand and slid down the wall beside my bedroom.

My head was pounding and my entire body itched. Despite wanting to crawl into my bed and sleep for the next 72 hours, I pulled myself off the floor and opened my bedroom door.

The smell of alcohol smacked me in the face and I had to step back before running in and opening the giant window.

"You're almost done and then we can have some lunch and do nothing okay?" I heard Demi say as she leaned against my door frame.

"Yeah. I think I just want to try sleep after this" I shrugged, tossing rubbish from my floor into the bag.

Demi sighed "Yeah okay, also I'm working all day tomorrow so who do you want over here. Marissa or Nick?"

I clenched my fist around the red cup I was holding, squeezing it into nothing. Of course she was going back to work.

Nothing had changed.

"Neither. I'm 15 not 5 I don't need a fucking baby sitter Demi" I spat through clenched teeth.

"Not an option after your little party incident, so pick one please" Demi retorted.

"Marissa. Now I can clean this up without you, so you can leave" I spat.

She held her hands up in surrender and exited my room, leaving the door wide open.

Of course nothing has changed, she'll be back at work and I'll be home alone again. I wish she would just forget it, tell me she's had enough.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and fished out, answering without bothering to really look at caller ID.

"hey kiddo!" Marissa giggled.

"Oh hey Mar, what's up?" I sighed.

"Just checking in, I heard about your party and Demi just text saying I had to babysit tomorrow. Do you want to do anything or just stay home and ignore me?" She laughed.

"Mar you know I love you and don't want to ignore you. But I'm just so sick of her! She cried all last night saying how it was always us against the world. How she couldn't bare to not to have me in her life and how she was going to change"

"Now look, she's already leaving again" I whispered.

"Kid she has to work, you know that" Marissa tried to reason.