Nightingale

Mac

I don't know how I got through this week but I did; well almost, it's Thursday, but basically done right. Bronte had been the usual abusing self and so had her friends, my parents had arrived home Tuesday night and dad was back to abusing me too. He hadn't come to my room so far but I won't pretend that he won't come back. Demi and I have skyped every night and I've managed to stay clean. But I tell her less and less, less about how much I want and mostly tell her how hard I'm trying. I trust her I'm just starting to feel like maybe a clean break would be so much better than having her talk to me and be reminded how I will never have her close to me again. I know she will visit and I know I can visit her it's just not the same, I don't want to visit I want to be around her all the time; I want to be safe. I just couldn't bring myself to cut her off yet, so here I am planning to skype her tonight.

D: Hey baby girl can we still skype tonight? I'm pretty much in the studio all day but I want to talk tonight!

M: Yeah Dem of course, same time as always except I was hoping to play some guitar do you mind?

D: Just play on skype you can serenade me from afar ;)

M: You're a loser, I love you x

I quickly put my phone away and walked to my locker. Just another typical day at school, except I hadn't "bumped" into Bronte yet, which was definitely a plus. Grabbing my books for class I rushed to first class hearing the first bell ring. As I sat down in class I noticed Bronte wasn't in here either, maybe I would get lucky and she'd be away today, one day without trouble would be nice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had made it through the first week without Demi but things were getting worse now. My Dad and Bronte had both gotten to extremes and I don't think I can take it much longer. Demi is still helping but it's helping less and less now, she kind of just reminds me of the things I used to be when I was with her and not who I am now without her. Siting in the fourth period English with my head on my arms trying to listen but failing as my eyes kept drooping closed. Dad came into my room last night. Every time my eyes closed I felt his breath on my neck and my eyes would snap open and my chest tighten. I hadn't slept much this week, he hadn't come in every night but he'd come in most. My body had at least gotten used to it and it didn't hurt as much.

The bell rang and I slowly got up from seat and shoved my books into my bag, I was lucky that none of Bronte or her gang were in my class, but not lucky enough that they didn't try to meet me outside. I had managed to avoid Bronte this morning but that just meant she was going to be angry and it would be so much worse. I made my way out of the classroom my stomach tightening with my nerves and was met with Bronte and three boys, but no Carly. I groaned and looked at Bronte waiting, I knew I should stay quiet and just agree but I'm an asshole what can I say.

"Mac, Mac, Mac why do you even bother coming to school anymore? Do you really like seeing me that much? Because I hate seeing you" how funny she is. "What is it Bronte, just get it over with" her smile faded and her glare hardened at my lack of fear. She looked at the boys and clicked her fingers, expecting them to just start punching I threw my arms up to my face to try and protect myself.Except they didn't. Instead I felt a pair of arms wrap around my torso and lift me, I was tossed over his shoulder as the other jammed tape over my mouth. What the fuck is going on.

I was dumped on a chair in the abandoned back building where I usually get Alan to pick me up when I skip class. I sat up straight and looked around the dark room but I couldn't see anyone, not even Bronte. I felt my arms get held down and heard the sickening sound of tape being ripped from a roll. Once they had secured me to the chair the lights were turned on and I could finally see Bronte, Carly and the three boys. Guess Carly was in here making sure no one was around and setting up. How nice.