Chapter Twenty One

Prom Night Part 3

•Naruto's Point View•

I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey Naruto, I'm going to go back to Sakura okay" Sai walked away.

I turn around. "Neji" I managed to get out.

"Yeah?" he smiled.

"I thought you weren't going to Prom?"

" I could say the same about you, you said you didn't want to go"

I awkwardly laughed. Feeling a bit guilty.

"Sakura made me go for only god knows what reason."

"She's pretty demanding, isn't she?"

"I mean sometimes. She is my best friend after all. But I love her"

"Apparently you do." he stuck out his tongue. I hear a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"I know, I know. I'm already used to it. We've been friends for years now"

He laughed.

"You laughing at me?" I playfully punched his shoulder.

A new song started to play. It wasn't the upbeat kind were you just wanted to jump up and down and sing along to the lyrics.

Neji looked at me.

"May I have this dance?"

I didn't really know what to say. Is this the moment Sakura was talking about? If I take his hand, would everything fall together tonight for me? Would I just forget about Sasuke? But in all honesty I didn't want to forget about him. My heart belongs to Sasuke. Does he know that?

Gah! I'm just depressing myself!

"Hey Naruto. It's just one dance. It wont kill you. No funny business, I promise."

He smiled that heart warming smile of his. I couldn't help but smile back, say yes.

He took his hand out, I placed mine automatically on top of his.

He lead me to the middle of the dance floor.

I sat my hands on each of his shoulder, while he sat his hands on my sides.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry Naruto"

"Hm? For what?" I looked into his eyes.

"For the other night with Sasuke. I didn't mean to say or do anything. Also I would like to be just friends. Is that okay with you? I didn't mean for it to end like it did"

He just wanted to be friends..
    I was honestly okay with that.

"I would love to be your friend Neji" I smiled

"I had a feeling you were going to say that" he scratched the back of his neck "But I'm okay with that, because I know you love Sasuke, and I'll back off"

I gave him a giant hug.

A new song began to play, I backed away from the hug.

I noticed someone at the front if the dance floor.

I looked at the man I love, while listening to the song that was currently playing.

Neji patted my back, signaling me to go to Sasuke. Sasuke slowly started to walk towards me as I did the same.

Somehow this song that was playing was perfect for the mood, and also fit in how I was feeling right now.

• Sasuke's Point Of View •