Chapter Three

A/N~ I know this is the second one today but, the last one was pretty short... so here's a shorter one 😂 I do not own the photos 😊

I was one of the three people that got off at the Cairnholm port. The rest were probably off to France for a family holiday.

I changed my frock that my parents insisted I wore and put on something more my style. I kept is classy though, I did want Ms.Peregrine to like me after all.

I stepped off the boat, suitcases in hand, and looked around

I stepped off the boat, suitcases in hand, and looked around. The dock was weathered and the small village in the distance looked quiet and peaceful. However there was no sign of the headmistress. I checked my watch, it was ten to one. She had said she'd be here by now.

Then I saw her. Out of the corner of my eye. A woman dressed in all black, her navy blue hair styled to a point. She strutted towards me and stated; "Eden Moore I presume?"

"Y-yes" I replied quietly. She had an intense stare, almost hypnotising.

"Pick up your luggage then, we must be off, we have a lot to get through today." she instructed. She then began walking quickly down the boardwalk, then paused, she turned to look at me and stated; "Oh, and your watch is one minute slow, you must fix that."

Shocked, I fumble with my suitcases and move quickly down the dock to catch up with her. Frightened but intrigued.
                                                                     ...

As we got closer to the village, I started to hear the obnoxious humming of an old generator and the drunken shouts from inside the pub which happened to be named 'The Priest Hole'.  A group of youths, close to my age, were sitting on a stone wall and talking in heavy Welsh accents. As we walked past them I heard them snigger and make a joke. I shot them a glare but Ms. Peregrine calmly walked by without acknowledging them.

"Where are we going?" I asked, finally catching my breath.

"Where do you think?" She answered with a question.

"Well I'm hoping it's someplace with food, because I'm starving." I said, acknowledging my rumbling stomach. "Please." I said quickly, remembering my manners.

"We'll have you fed in no time, but do keep up, I'd like to get back sooner rather than later." She said, quickening her pace slightly.

We made our way up a dirt path and then took a sharp turn onto a boggy marshland. The headmistress seemed to glide effortlessly over the bog, while I was having difficulty putting one foot in front of the other without sinking ankle deep in mud. I was glad I didn't wear those heels.