Chapter 9

"Yeah, we were about to head towards there, right babe?" Joe looked at his girlfriend as if saying 'Tell him the truth and I'll slap your face'.

"Oh... Um... Yes" Demi said in a mumble and looked at Wilmer, mentally begging him to stay with them and not let her alone with Joe.

"Okay guys, I'll walk towards there with you two if you don't mind" Wilmer said, causing a soft smile to appear on Demi's lips.

"You don't need to come with us. We are not little kids and we won't get lost" Joe objected to Wilmer's suggestion.

"You can come with us if you want to" Demi added even though she knew saying that would make more problems to appear between Joe and her. But she liked to have Wilmer by her side.

"I'll go with you" Wilmer stated and started walking with Joe and Demi towards the classroom.

"Well... Good luck with whatever subject you have got now" Wilmer said, stopping in front of the classroom's door.

"Ugh... Maths..." Demi snorted.  "Yeah, I get you; I neither like maths" Demi smiled at Wilmer. Somehow she liked to have stuff in common with this special teacher.

"Mm... So... Good luck with that" Joe rolled his eyes at Wilmer's words and put his hand on the door handle, ready to open the door and enter the place.

"Thanks" Demi said. "Anytime... I gotta go... Bye" Wilmer smiled at her and then walked away.

"Go fuck yourself" Joe mumbled. "Why do you say that?" The girl asked, looking at Joe slightly confused.  "Because I'm starting to hate this stupid teacher" Joe replied. "Why? I like him... As a teacher, of course..." Demi said. "Yeah, it's kinda obvious the fact that you like him" Joe replied before opening the door and enter the place followed by a confused Demi.

September passed by and October came, bringing thin but cold air with it.

It was a Saturday afternoon when Demi sat herself on a bench in the gardens.  It was silent around her. She was completely alone.

Miley would join her loneliness by the night.

Demi didn't know if Wilmer was at the school but she guessed he was. She wondered if she was going to have the chance to see him around the weekend. She really hoped so.

A long sigh escaped her lips as she put her hands on her lap. She felt her legs getting cold, that made her realize it was getting late and she should enter the school. But she didn't want to do that because, if she was inside, she felt even lonelier.

She opened the book she had been reading for the past weeks.

Soon, Demi reached the last page so she closed the book with a sigh. When she looked up; she saw him.

He was walking alone through the gardens. He seemed to be thinking about something.

She wanted to run up to him but she decided to keep sit on the bench, looking at him.

Something inside of her hoped that he would notice her and talk to her.

Wilmer didn't see her, he was too drowned into his own thoughts.

Demi slowly got up from the bench and walked up to him, soon, she was walking by his side.

"Hi, Wilmer" Demi greeted him, using her sweet voice.

Wilmer shook his head, as if getting rid of his inner thoughts.

"Hey, Demi" He replied, smiling at the girl.  "How are you today?" He wanted to know.  "Feeling kind of lonely but I'm used to it so I'm just good" She gave him a smile.