Chapter 13

"I don't believe you" Marissa said when they were walking towards the classroom. The guys were walking in front of Demi, Selena and Marissa who were talking.

"What?" Demi looked at her best friend. "The library thing" Marissa answered. "Yeah, what kind of person falls asleep at a library and stays there a whole night?" Selena added.

"Girls... It's true" She felt bad for lying to her friends but she had no other choice. "Come on, Demi, who did you have sex with?" Selena asked.

Demi could feel how she became weak so she had to stop walking and lean on the wall, not wanting to fall on the ground.

"No one..." She weakly said. Marissa and Selena immediately stood by her side. "Demz, sweetie, are you feeling good?" Marissa asked, pretty worried about her best friend. "Yeah... I'm... I'm good" Demi replied and started walking again.

It was so obvious that she was not feeling good at all but Selena and Marissa knew her good enough to know she was not going to tell them about what was happening to her.

Demi was that kind of girl who doesn't like to tell things about herself, especially when those things were problems and all her friends knew that.

The day passed by quickly and all that Demi wanted to do was hug Wilmer, feel his arms wrapped around her again.

"Hello, baby girl" A familiar voice said behind her. She turned around and saw Joe. She immediately could feel the fear inside of her.

"Joe, don't you dare to come closer" She warned, her voice sounded weak, broken and scared. "Why not?" He asked, as it was funny, while he came closer to the girl.

"Joe, stop..." She said and her body started trembling. "But, Demi... I love you and you love me" He said, starting to touch her face. "No... No, Joe... I don't love you and you don"t love me. Please stop it" She started crying. Silent tears rolled down her cheeks. "Why are you crying, baby girl?" He asked, smiling as he kissed her tears.

"Let her go!" Wilmer yelled. He sounded angry. Joe let go of Demi and she quickly ran up to Wilmer. Next to him was a man, she did not recognize him but he reminded her of someone.

"Joseph, come over here" The man said. Joe looked pale and slightly scared. He walked up to them.

"Um... Hi dad" Joe said. Demi gasped, this man was Joe's father. What was he doing here?

"I'm very disappointed, Joseph, I didn't know you were this kind of person" Then, the man looked at Wilmer. "Thanks, Mr. Valderrama. How can I thank you?" Wilmer smiled at him. "It's okay, just make sure that your son doesn't touch Demi..." Wilmer cleared his throath "I mean, Miss Lovato, again, okay?" The man nodded his head and walked away with his son by his side.

"Wilmer, you are my hero!" Demi said before letting herself fall into his embrace. She didn't notice it but she was still crying. He made her look up at him and wiped her tears away. Then, he kissed her forehead.

"He won't hurt you ever again" Wilmer said, caressing her cheek with his hand. She smiled through her tears. "Thank you so much for doing this..." Wilmer hugged her again. "I called his father and he's taking Joe to his home again and he's gonna try to make him see that what he's doing is not right. Mrs. Thomson does not know about this... Joe's father is going to act like he wants to take Joe out of this place for another reason" Demi sighed and looked into his brown eyes.

"Good... Thank you so much" "Anything for you" He replied.

She started coughing in her sleep as the smoke inundated her room, causing her to wake up. She looked around herself; there was a lot of grey smoke. She started coughing a lot and her eyes started to become red.