Chapter 14

The nurse had said that the food would be there soon but it had already been like an hours since then and Demi was starving.

She was tired of being lain down on the bed so she decided to get up. At first, she felt dizzy and she had to lean on the bed to not to collapse on the ground.

Demi closed her eyes and took some deep breaths. "Okay, Demi, you got this" She gave herself a little talk and walked towards the window. She looked through it. It was clearly morning, like eleven or something like that. She smiled; the sun was shining in the sky and she had not seen that in a while.

She looked around the room, it wasn't a very big one but it wasn't tiny either. Next to her bed was another one but no one was laying there. She wished that Wilmer could be there...

There was a blue door, Demi decided to open it. Behind the door there was a bathroom, which she entered. Demi looked at her own reflection in the mirror. Her dark hair was clearly a mess and she had some scratches on her face.

"Ugh" she grunted as she came closer to the mirror. She didn't really know how those scratches had appeared on her face... Probably they had appeared when she was looking for Wilmer.

"Miss. Lovato, where are you?" A sweet lady's voice called her so she quickly left the bathroom and sat on the bed again. In front of her there was a young woman, she was not the same nurse that had been there before.

"Here you are" The nurse let out a stupid giggle and put some food on the table. "Sorry for being so late, miss, but we have a lot of work today" She giggled again. Demi just rolled her eyes.

This girl was too much perfection. Her blonde hair was very long and beautiful. She had big blue eyes and she had just a perfect body.

"Don't worry... Thanks" Demi mumbled, feeling ugly next to this nurse. The young woman giggled again, making Demi want to slap her. Why couldn't she just stop giggling?

"I hope you enjoy the food" She said. Demi gave her a forced smile and started eating.

It didn't taste good... But she was hungry so she kept eating.

The nurse sat herself next to Demi on the bed. "Wanna know something?" She asked. Demi sighed. "What?" She asked. "You know Mrs. Thomson, right?" Demi nodded her head at the nurse. "Well... She's actually my aunt" She giggled once again in that stupid and annoying way. Demi chocked in the bread she was eating. "No way... You don't look like her!" Demi said, trying to catch her breath.

"I know, but it's true and... I will be working in her school whenever it's ready after the fire" She spoke. Demi swallowed the bread. "Oh... Good" Something inside of her told her that this nurse wasn't someone you can trust.

"My name is Jules, by the way" She said. Demi forced another smile. "I'm Demi, nice to meet you" Jules smiled, got up and walked away.

"I guess that's a 'nice to meet you too'" Demi said to herself as she kept eating.

Three days passed by and Demi didn't have the chance to see Wilmer again.

The door flew open allowing Mrs. Thomson to enter the place.

"Demetria, get dressed, we leave in ten minutes" She said, left some pieces of clothing on the edge of the bed and disappeared behind the door again.

Demi sighed, confused. Where were they going now? Would Wilmer go with them? She hoped so.

Demi got out of the bed and quickly got dressed, then, she entered the bathroom and fixed her hair.

"I'm ready, Mrs. Thomson" said Demi, exiting her room. "Good, follow me" The woman harshly said and started to rush towards the exit of the hospital.