Chapter 46

When they noticed that Demi and Wilmer had been left behind, they went back to find them.

"Demi!" Marissa immediately ran up to her best friend. "I was so fucking worried about you" She said and brung Demi into her embrace.

"Hey, Rissa" Demi giggled.

~

Some days passed by and finally it was time to go back to the school.

Demi felt so miserable without Wilmer. She missed his lips so much but she was still angry and everytime she saw him she remembered that he and Jules had kissed.

For some weird reason, she felt comfortable around Joe again. He made her feel better.

"Wanna sit next to me, Miss Lovato?" Joe asked as they entered the bus. She giggled.

"Why not?" She replied taking a seat. Joe sat next to her and gave her a smile.

When she looked in front of her, she noticed that Wilmer was looking at her. He looked hurt but she didn't give a fuck... Or maybe she did.

"Is there something wrong, babe?" Joe asked her when he realized that she kept looking at Wilmer.

"Babe? Why did you call me that?" Demi looked at him, avoiding his question.

"I don't know... Old habits I guess" He replied and gave her a cheeky smile.

She smiled back.

"Cute" Demi commented and looked through the window.

~~

The bus arrived at the school and Demi made her way toward her bedroom with Marissa and Selena.

"So tired" Demi said, letting herself fall on her bed.

"How I missed my bed" Marissa added, sitting on her bed.

"Yeah" Selena said.

Demi sighed and got under the covers.

"Dem, are you okay?" Marissa asked, kind of worried.

"I'm not. But don't worry" she replied.

"But..." Selena tried.

"Please, girls. Look, I love Wilmer so much and the fact that he cheated on me is horrible... It got into my heart and it hurts a lot... too much I would say" She spoke to her friends.

"Maybe you two should talk" Marissa suggested.

"No! We fucking have talked already!" Demi couldn't help but yell.

It felt so hopeless. Being without him was like living in a dark world.

Marissa and Selena stayed quiet, not knowing what to answer anymore.

"Good night" Demi said.

"Night" Selena and Marissa replied softly.

~~

Demi entered the spanish classroom with her heart going like crazy.

Wilmer was already there. Somehow, he was smiling but he looked tired and devastated.

She sat on her chair without saying a word to him. He didn't talk either.

The lesson started and everytime he said something, Demi wanted to cry. She wished she could run up to him, let herself fall into his arms and just forget everything.

Like nothing had happened.

But she also knew she wouldn't be able to do it.

"Okay, make pairs to do an exercise" Wilmer said.

She looked for Marissa but she was already with Selena.

"Looking for a partner?" Joe asked her, giving Demi a wink.

"Yes" She replied.

Joe took a place next to her.

"Good. Me too"

Demi looked at him. Somehow, he felt like home... Back to old times. Maybe he was the one and not Wilmer.

Maybe she and Wilmer were not meant to be.

Maybe Jules was the one for Wilmer.

Maybe this had to be like this.

A sigh escaped her lips and she pulled a smile on her face.

"I missed you" She suddenly told him. He smiled and put his hand on hers.

Demi could feel Wilmer's eyes on them but she didn't care.

"I missed you too, babe" He said.

The whole classroom could hear a door slamming shut.

They all looked at the door and realized Wilmer wasn't in the classroom anymore.

He had left.

Demi sighed again and, again, the sadness invaded her.

"I wonder what's wrong with that guy" Joe said. Demi shrugged.

"Maybe he needs to shit" Joe laughed.

"How immature" Demi said under her breath. Joe didn't hear it because his laughter was just too loud.

She rolled her eyes at him.

"Come on, babe, it's pretty funny" He said as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Ha ha ha" She pretended to laugh

The pain was just too deep to show a real laugh.

When the bell rang, she quickly grabbed her books and left the classroom.

When she was running through the corridor, trying to avoid Wilmer, she bumped into him.

"Shit" She mumbled.

"Glad to see you too" Wilmer said, annoyed.

"Whatever" Demi tried to walk away but he grabbed her by her arm. It almost hurt.

"Let go of me" She said, giving him a desth glare.

He obeyed.

"I love you" He said.

She felt the tears in her eyes again. She looked down.

"I love you too" She mumbled and quickly ran away.

"Demi! Wait!" He yelled behind her but Demi didn't stop running to give him a response and keep talking to him.

Demi reached her bedroom, closed the door behind her, let the books hit the ground. She pressed her back against the door and finally let herself fall on the floor as tears travelled down her cheeks.

Some sobs escaped her plump lips. Her hands got in front of her face, hiding it even though she was completely alone. Alone and broken.

"I just love him so much" She cried out, feeling her heart aching for him.

She needed him so freaking much.

"Demi, are you there?" A male voice asked from behind the door as he knocked.

She quickly wiped her tears away and cleared her throath.

"Y-yeah" She said before walking up to the door.