Chapter 57

Demi walked downstairs carefully because her whole body hurt badly.

But she stopped walking when she heard Mrs. Thomson´s voice –What the heck is she doing here?- Demi thought, as she tried to figure out what they were talking about.

“Yes. We must not let Wilmer come out of jail. Got it?” Mrs. Thomson said, causing Demi to gasp.

“Yes” Her uncle said.

“Okay, let me see the girl now” The head teacher demanded.

Demi quickly turned around and almost flew back to her bedroom where she sat down on her bed as if nothing had happened.

-What was that bitch talking about?- Demi asked herself as she started playing with her fingers.

“Hello, Demetria” The woman said, entering the place and closing the door behind her back.

“Hello, Mrs. Thomson” Demi replied, looking straight into her eyes but soon, avoiding her gaze when Demi saw how cold her look was.

“How are you?” Thomson asked as she kept looking at Demi.

“How do you think I am?” Demi asked back, holding the tears in.

“So… You love that guy, right?”

“A lot” Demi knew that hiding things wasn´t necessary anymore.

“Let me tell you one thing, silly girl” The woman got a little bit closer. “Your love is impossible, is that clear? He is going to stay there forever and you´ll die alone unless you decide to forget him and look for another guy”

Demi couldn´t stop her tears to roll down her face.

“I won´t give up on our love, Mrs. Thomson” Demi mumbled, finally looking into her eyes.

“You´ll have to.” And after saying that, she turned around and left the room.

Demi sighed, hide her face with her hands and cried.

-----------------------

Wilmer entered his cell again and let out a very long sigh.

He truly hated this place and he also hated what was happening.

Wilmer sat down on the ground and laid eyes on the letter that Rachel had given him from Demi.

He carefully unfolded the piece of paper, as if it was a valuable treasure.

Demi´s handwriting made a warm and lovely sensation hit his heart, drawing a smile on his lips and making him believe that everything could turn into the right way.

He smiled again while he started reading…

“Dear Wilmer,

I know this is quite scary but we cannot lose the faith. We both know how difficult it´s been for us to keep going with our love but we couldn´t let it go because we´re meant to be, baby. I just want to let you know that I love you. No matter what happens. We´ll come out of this fucking shit. I promise. And we will be happy forever.
But remember we have to stay positive.
I hope you already have a lawyer. If so, please let him contact me. I´ll write my uncle´s address at the end of this letter and a phone number. Also tell him that Joe was the one who raped me. Even though I´m not really sure about this, I think he gave me drugs or something.
Please, don´t forget me baby because I won´t. I think about you every single second of every single minute of every single hour of every single day. You´re the reason why I still try to smile and trust me when I say it´s really hard to smile. But the thought of you makes me happy. You make me happy and I know one day we´ll be together again. We need t keep fighting.

I love you, Willy.

                                                 Demi”

Wilmer finished reading and he noticed some tears on his cheeks. He giggled a little bit as he wiped the tears away. She was right. They couldn´t stop fighting. It was all about their love.

He grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, ready to write back.

-------------------

Rachel knocked on Demi´s bedroom door.

“Who´s there?” Demi asked with a broken voice.

Rachel shyly opened the door and looked at the girl who was crying.

“It´s just me. Rachel” The british girl answered and walked up to Demi after gently closing the door behind her.

“Shh, don´t cry, sweet heart” Rachel brought Demi closer to her and held Demi in her warm embrace.

“I just want everything to be good” Demi cried, hugging Rachel back who was now rubbing her back up and down.

“It will be good soon” Rachel whispered against her ear.

“I´ve been with Wilmer. He´s good. He said I had to tell you that…2 Rachel made Demi look her in the eyes.

“That he loves you no matter what” Rachel finished talking, bringing a smile to Demi´s lips.

“I love him too” She mumbled.

“I gave him your letter. He smiled like a kid on Christmas morning” Rachel giggled.

“How is he?” Demi asked.

“He needs to shave” Rachel giggled, trying to cheer Demi up. “But for the rest he looks healthy even though he is sad, of course. You guys don´t deserve this shit” Rachel spoke, causing Demi to sigh.

-------------------------------

“Hello, Wilmer. How are you today?” Mr. De La Garza asked while entering Wilmer´s cell and sitting down on the bed next to him.

“Tired but I believe that it´ll be good” Wilmer smiled.

Staying positive was the clue.

“Um, that´s pretty positive” Mr. De La Garza smiled.

“She wrote me a letter. She´s alright. And she gave me her address”

“Such a smart girl” De La Garza commented. Wilmer smiled at the thought of Demi.

“Yes, that´s my girl” He giggled while he handed the letter to his lawyer who unfolded it.

“I have to read it, you understand that right?”

Wilmer nodded.

When the lawyer finished reading, he looked at Wilmer.

“Beautiful letter. It confirms a lot. I´m going to this address and I´ll ask her some questions. Are you okay with that?”

“Of course.”

-----------------------

De La Garza looked at his watch before knocking on the huge door in front if him.

It was just 2 Pm.

“Who are you?” A man who seemed to be pretty nervous about something that Mr. De La Garza didn´t know.

“I´m Mr. De La Garza… Lawyer. I want to talk to Miss Lovato” He directly told the man in front of him.

“You can´t…” Demi´s uncle said but a voice behind him stopped him from continuing with that bullshit.

“I´m Miss Lovato. You can talk to me” Demi said, seeming stronger than ever.

Mr. De La Garza smiled and made the man get out of his way.

Mr. De La Garza looked at the girl and as he came closer to her, he saw something familiar in her. But he was not able to figure out what it was.

“Come to my bedroom so this man cannot interrupt us” Demi said, giving her uncle a death glare.

Mr. De La Garza giggled as he followed the girl upstairs.