Chapter 43

"PUT ME THE FUCK DOWN!" She yelled as they entered another wooden hut.

They didn't even know where they were but at least they were alone.

"What were you thinking?" He asked her as he let her be on the floor again.

"I truly hate that fucking bitch. I wish she'd die!" Demi said, clearly upset.

"Hermosa!" He exclaimed as those words had left her mouth.

"What?" She asked.

Wilmer put his hands on her cheeks.

"Don't wish anyone's death. Never" He spoke into her face.

She closed her eyes and sighed.

"You're right..." Demi mumbled looking, once again into his eyes. He gave her a weak smile and kissed the top of her head.

“Of course I´m right” He added. She giggled.

“Okay, but seriously…What are we gonna do with this Jules problem?” Demi asked him. Wilmer just shrugged.

“I guess there´s nothing we can do” He told her and put his hands on her shoulders.

“Mm… Okay then. We could kiss... That may solve the problem” Demi replied making him laugh before they started kissing.

“I need to change my clothes” She giggled as her arms were tightly wrapped around his neck.

“Yeah… That might be a good idea” He said and they both left the wooden house.

“I´ll let you change your clothes” Wilmer said and let her alone in her tent.

Demi entered her tent and changed her clothes. When she was ready to leave the tent, she felt something pretty weird…

She sat herself on the matrass and rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands. She tried to focus on her breathing.

She was scared.  What if those kids would make fun of her again?

Deep breaths left her lips as she tried to push those negative thoughts away from her. Nobody would laugh anymore. Wilmer would be there for her. Nothing could go wrong.

Thinking about that, she decided it was time to leave her tent. And she did so.

Little giggles could be heard again but she could ignore them. Somehow.

"Hey, Demz, how are you?" Marissa asked while Selena rubbed her back. "Hey, I'm fine" Demi replied pulling a smile on her lips.

Joe ans Ruben came over.

"I'm sorry..." Ruben said.

"Yeah, me too" Joe added.

Demi frowned at the guys.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because we laughed" Ruben told her. She looked at the ground.

"Yeah, it's okay guys. Don't worry" She said and gave them both a little smile. Maybe it was a fake one but they believed it.

"Thanks" Joe said and he walked away with Ruben by his side.

Selena turned to Marissa.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be something?" Selena asked Marissa who shrugged.

"I don't know, Sel... He keeps ignoring me" She sounded kind of sad.

"He does not deserve you" Demi told her best friend and pulled her into a warm hug which Marissa appreciated.

"Okay, we should be fishing" Marissa giggled as she pulled away from Demi and grabbed her fishing rod.

Demi grabbed a fishing rod too.

"Let's pray for me to not to fall" Demi joked and made her friends laugh a little bit.

"Yeah, you're so clumsy, Demz" Selena said. Demi nodded her head because, at the end of the day, Selena was right.

~~~

Demi sat herself next to Selena in front of the camp fire.

Everyone was there, eating some sandwiches and drinking some fruit juice while they talked, sung and laughed.

Demi sighed and soon she found herself looking for him again.

As if he could read her mind, Wilmer appeared there with a cup of coffee in his hand.

He gave her a sweet smile which she gave him back while she, once again, felt millions of butterflies in her stomach.

The effect he had on her...

"May I sit here?" Wilmer's voice asked. Demi nodded and took a sip of her fruit juice. He smiled and sat down.

"How are you?" He asked her.

"Fine. What about you?" She replied.

He looked around himself, making sure that no one was looking at them.

"I'm good..." Wilmer said and stroked her hand carefully. No one noticed it.

"I'm glad" Demi added.

And then there was silence. Not an awkward silence of course and it wasn't even a complete silence because the rest of the people that was there were talking very loud.

But they enjoyed being together and that was all that mattered then.

For them, it was like they were alone because they were so into each other that they could forget about real world. Disconnect while their hearts warmed up.

She felt how her eyes started to close because she felt really tired.

"It's late. Why don't you go to sleep?" Wilmer softly asked her. She weakly smiled.

"Yeah..." Demi mumbled. Wilmer smiled.

"Do you want me to walk towards your tent with you?" He offered himself. She nodded.

"Girls, I'm going to sleep" Demi told her friends. They nodded. "Okay, Dems, good night"

Demi and Wilmer got up and started walking.

"Don't you think they will suspect about this?" Demi asked. "Maybe" He replied and their hands touched.

He grabbed her hand making her smile.

"You can always tell them I was afraid to go alone" She mumbled. "That I needed my prince to accompany me" Demi added.

Wilmer giggled.

"You're adorable, nena" Wilmer said.

They stopped walking in front of her tent.

"See you tomorrow" He said. She nodded her head.

"See you" She added.

He leaned closer to her and kissed her lips.

Just when she wanted to wrap her arms around his neck and  introduce her tongue into his mouth, he pulled away.

"Good night, nena" He said and walked away.

She felt something was wrong with him but she didn't really know what so she just entered her tent.