Chapter 39

She immediately stopped walking.

"What were you doing there?" Joe asked, coming closer to his ex girlfriend.

"Oh... Um... I... I" She nervously stuttered. Joe let out a laugh.

"There's something going on between you and Wilmer, huh? "

Demi bit on her lower lip.

"Are you giving him sex so he can let you pass his Spanish exams?" He asked with an evil smile on his lips.

Her hand met his cheek.

"Don't you ever talk to me like that. I'm not the same weak girl you met time ago, is that clear?" She said, giving him a piercing gaze.

"Yeah, I kinda see that" He said and laughed again.

"I don't fuck my teacher. I just needed to ask him a question. Nothing else. Good night, Joseph" She turned her body around and left the guy behind.

"Don't get mad at me, Demetria!" He called behind her. "I'm not,  don't worry, Joseph" She replied but didn't turn around or stop walking.

"Hello" Demi greeted, entering her tent. Marissa and Selena were still up, talking about any kind of things while they giggled.

"Oh, hey love bird" Marissa said followed by Selena's giggle.

"Hey" Demi let herself fall on her matress and sighed.

"Did you get what you wanted?" Selena asked. "Not really but it's okay. It's not right to have sex now... But we made out" She winked at her friends.

"Oh... And was it fine?" Marissa laughed. "Of course it was. I found a good man" Demi replied, laughing too.

~

Demi opened her eyes and immediately sat up.

"Girls! Wake up!" She squealed and started to dress up. Marissa and Selena grunted.

"Come on! Sleepy heads!" Demi started moving their bodies.

"Okay okay" Selena said and sat up with an annoyed expression on her sleepy face.

"What's the matter with you?" Marissa asked, annoyed too.

Demi giggled.

"I want to see Wilmer" She said with a huge smile on her lips.

"Should have guessed that" Marissa mumbled and got up. "Okay, girl" She grunted.

Demi smiled even bigger.

~

"Morning, girls" Wilmer said as soon as they entered the little wooden house.

"Oh, Demi, it's pretty weird to see you here" He said, poking her nose.

"Why, Mr. Valderrama?" She asked, putting more emphasis on the 'Mr. Valderrama'.

"Because you're a sleepy head, Miss. Lovato" Wilmer replied, also putting emphasis on the 'Miss. Lovato".

She giggled.

"Shut up" She mumbled. He smiled at her.

"Go sit and eat breakfast, young lady" He said, gave her a wink and walked away.

She sighed.

"Isn't he the cutest man in the whole world?" Demi asked her friends as soon as they were sit at a table.

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say, Demetria" Selena said, sipping her warm milk.

"Mm, cookies!" Marissa exclaimed, starting to eat.

~

"Okay, guys" The curly haired guy started talking, getting their attention.

"Today we're gonna do a very cool activity" He spoke.

Marissa put her mouth close to Demi's ear to whisper something.

"He's such a freak; the word "cool" sounds so stupid when he says it" Marisssa whispered.

Demi lightly giggled.

"You're mean" She told her best friend who just laughed and shrugged.

"It's the truth, okay?" Marissa said.

"We're gonna sail some canoes" He said, some of then cheered but the rest of them grunted.

Demi didn't do anything. She just stayed there, praying she would have the chance to be near Wilmer.

He probably was thinking the same as Demi because his eyes immediately put themselves on her.

"Okay, everybody grab a swim vest and a canoe. And then enter the river!" The guy said and everybody or almost everybody did as told.

"Hey, do you know how to sail a canoe?" Wilmer asked her when Demi grabbed one of the canoes.

"Yeah, my dad taught me how to do it... Even though it's been a while... I guess I don't remember how to do it" She said.

He smiled.

"Don't worry, I'll help you"

That made her smile too.

"Paul, this girl doesn't know how to sail a canoe and she's afraid. I'm gonna join her to help, is that okay?" Wilmer asked the curly guy. He just nodded his head and helped Ruben, who couldn't stop looking at Demi, to catch his canoe.

"Ahh!" Demi squealed when Wilmer let the boat hit the water and some water drops splashed against her.

"Idiot" She mumbled and laughed. He laughed too.

"Sorry?" He giggled. She sighed and they both entered the canoe.

He gave her his hand to help her and as soon as their hands were touching, she felt butterflies.

"It's kinda funny" Wilmer started talking as he made the boat move. "What is kinda funny?" She wanted to know.

"This" He replied.

Demi felt confused.

"What do you mean by saying that?" She raised her eyebrows at him.

"The fact that we're in love... I think it's pretty funny... And... It's weird too" He spoke.

They could hear the rest of the people screaming, laughing and talking but they could only focus on each other.

"Yeah..." She mumbled and he put her hand on his, pretending to show her how she sould scull.

"You must know that... I fall more and more in love with you everytime I see you..." He whispered, locking his eyes with hers.

"I feel the same way" She replied, nibbling on her lower lip as she gazed into his deep eyes, getting lost in the love he gave her...