Chapter 49

Demi looked at Rachel and then at Wilmer again who pleaded her to talk to him.

"Rachel, can you please leave us alone?" Wilmer asked the girl. She nodded her head and just when she was about to turn around and leave the classroom, Demi grabbed her by her arm.

"No, Rachel, don´t go" Demi said even though her eyes were looking at Wilmer.

"Um... I think you two need to talk so I... I´ll leave" Rachel spoke and left them alone.

"So, the new girl is smart, isn´t she?" Wilmer asked and let out a little laugh as soon as Rachel was out of sight.

"Shut up, will you?" Demi harshly said and started playing with her fingers, feeling really uncomfortable.

"So, you´re back with Joe?" He asked.

"That´s none of your business" She spitted out. "I think it is" Wilmer fought back.

"Well, it is not" Demi turned around and went to leave the room when Wilmer´s voice stopped her once again.

"I love you" He stated. It sounded weak but real.

She stayed quiet and did not move.

Frozen.

Demi turned around again and locked her eyes with his.

"Wilmer, I..." She started, trying to fight back the tears, trying not to run up to him and let herself fall into his arms, fall even more in love with him if that was even possible.

He slowly walked up to her and put his hands on her shoulders.

"I love you so much, hermosa... I can´t live without you, nena... I truly can´t" He slowly got closer to her lips and, just when they were about to touch, she pulled away.

A tear left her right eye and fell down her cheek.

"Don´t" She said, her voice cracked.

"Why?"

"I love Joe... Not you" Demi avoided his look, scared that he might see in her eyes that she loved Wilmer... Only him and no one else.

"Don´t lie, Dem... You´re only hurting yourself... I know this is all my fault, hermosa but I am so so sorry... I need you back"

"I´m not lying" Demi swallowed. "Yes, you are" He told her.

"Fuck you! You can´t say if I´m lying or not!" She broke down into tears. "I hate you! You fucking cheated on me and I won´t forgive you! Never!" She pushed him away and ran away, slamming the door behind her.

Wilmer let himself collapse on the ground as he put his hands on his face. Tears left his eyes and rolled down his face.

He was tired but he wouldn´t quit. He needed her back and he had to fight for her.

Demi went to her bedroom even though she knew she had to go to the math lesson. But she was exhausted.

She let herself fall on her bed and started crying. She loved Wilmer so much.

Everything was just so fucked up. She was dating a guy who she didn´t even love, the man she loved had cheated on her, wanted her back but she was just so stubborn... Her two best friends were not talking to her...

The only thing that kept her going was that, soon, she would turn 18 which meant, leaving the school for good.

Demi closed her eyes.

____

Laughs filled the place...

"Demi!" A voice squealed. "Demi! Wake up!" That same voice again...

Demi slowly opened her eyes and the first thing she saw were a lot of guys looking at her while laughing. She rubbed her eyes as she didn´t understand what was actually going on.

"Babe!" Joe ran up to her, the tears of joy were really clear in his eyes. "Joe, what is this all about?" She asked him, confused.

She was not in her room but in the gardens...

"You fell asleep" He told her, still laughing. "But I fell asleep in my bedroom..." She added. Joe shrugged. "Don´t ask me, doll"

He walked with her toward her bedroom.

"Good night" He said.

She gasped as she realized it was already night. Time had passed by so soon.

"Night" Demi pecked her lips and entered her bedroom where Marissa and Selena were.

"Hey, girls" She said but, again, they didn´t give her a reply.

"Can I know what the fuck is wrong with you?" She asked them.

"You should look yourself in the mirror" Selena told her.

Demi went to the bathroom and realized that someone had drawn a moustache on her face.

She grunted and started to wash the moustache off her face.

"So... You´re back with that idiot?" Marissa said. Demi sighed. "Yeah"

"Demi, Joe is not the right guy" Selena said.

"He is" Demi replied.

"Whatever you say. You´re an idiot like him" Marisa said.

"Excuse me?" Demi entered the bedroom again. "You don´t have the right to treat me like that" She told her best friend.

“Oh, I don´t know but I think you were the one who´s been really rude with us lately” Marissa said.

Demi sighed.

She lay down on her bed and gazed at the ceiling. Marissa and Selena were still talking even though her voices were just above a whisper.

Another long sigh escaped Demi's pink lips.

“Girls…” She started. “What?” Marissa rudely responded.

“Nothing… Forget it” Demi rolled her eyes and turned her body around so Marissa and Selena could look at her back.

She wondered who had drawn that moustache on her face… And who had taken her out of her room while she was sleeping.

__

Wilmer was walking through the hallway. It was late but he know that idiot Joe used to be there at that time. And he had something to discuss with him.

And, in fact, there came Joe with Logan and Nick. They had been playing basketball and now they went to their bedroom to sleep.

“You, Jonas” Wilmer stepped in front of the three guys.

“Um, looks like you guys need to talk” Logan said, grinning a little bit and grabbed Nick by his arm before dragging him into their bedroom.

“What do you want?” Joe asked him, giving him a death glare.

“I want to ask you what the fuck were you thinking when you put Demi in front of all those guys while she was sleeping?”

Joe started laughing.

“Come on, it was just a joke. Why? Is Wilmer gonna play superhero now?”

Wilmer closed his fists.

“Shut up”

“I know you are fucking in love with her. It is pretty obvious but guess what? She is mine. Only mine. I can fuck her whenever I want to”

Wilmer wanted to punch him so badly but he remembered Joe was a student… And he was his teacher.