Letter's Arrival

(1973 Luna Manor) Kazumi's POV

"Dad what if I don't get a letter?" I ask him gloomily. The letter was suppose to arrive Friday and it is now Monday. I was worried if I'd even get my letter from Hogwarts and then if it did arrive, if I'd make any friends.

"Of course it will, besides you know there was a storm on Friday and Saturday" Dad assures me.

"Also that there is no post on Sundays" Mum adds as she appears with a tray of biscuits and tea. I sigh slumping in my chair eating one of the cookies Mum had just made. Suddenly an owl appeared flying through the open window dropping a letter on the coffee table. Dad gave it an owl treat, before it flew back out the window again.

"It has my name on it" I say picking up the letter and turning it over. "It's my Hogwarts letter" I tell my parents smiling as I open it carefully. After reading it over I frowned "I didn't get in" I say starting to cry.

"Oh sweety I'm so sorry" Mum says standing up.

"Hahaha, got you!" I yell laughing loudly when I stopped I saw my parents looking at me with a smirk. "Ot oh" I say before bolting up and out of the room with Dad following me while Mum laughs. Before I could hide Dad lifted me up and carried me back to the living room. Placing me onto the couch where he and Mum tickled me until I apologized.

Dad and I went through my list of supplies while Mum received a letter from a work owl. "What pet do you want?" Dad asks me.

"A cat" I tell him without thinking.

"While then we'll get you cat" Mum says laughing quietly. "Oh look they even sent your train ticket" she states picking it up handing it to me.

"There must be a mistake Mummy, this says Platform 9 and 3/4s. There's no such thing, is there?" I ask looking at her then Dad.

"We'll explain when we go to the station on September 1st" Dad promises me. "Darling maybe one of us should write a letter back to the school, saying we have received their letter and that Kazumi will be attending" he tells mum. She agrees and Dad goes to write the letter, before giving it to our family owl Starly. Who is a small black owl we use only for delivering letters.

"What house do you want to be in?" Mum asks while we waited for Dad.

"Not Slytherin" I tell her and she laughs lightly.

"I doubt you'll be in Slytherin" Dad says as he returns. "Maybe you'll be in Gryffindor like me" he states.

"Or Ravenclaw like me" Mum adds.

"I'll be happy in either house" I tell them smiling.

"We will also be proud no matter what house you're in" Dad states kissing my forehead.

"Did want to go with your father today to get your school things?" Mum asks and I nod my head. "Will then go get your coat and put your shoes on" she tells me. So that is exactly want I did then met Dad by the fire place. "Now I may not be here when you get back, as I have been called into work" she tells Dad and I.

"Okay Mummy see you tonight" I say giving her a big hug.

"of course you will, and don't forget Arthur is coming over for dinner tonight with their two sons" Mum reminds me & Dad.

"Artie is coming?" I ask jumping up and down happily. My cousin had married Molly and I had been the flower girl at their wedding after graduating together. They then had Bill, who I call Billy roughly a year later. Then last year Molly gave birth to their second son Charlie. Bill calls me Aunty Zumi and is trying to get Charlie to do so as well. Molly and Artie promised to wait a few years before their third child. They both had always wanted a big family, but promised they'd stop after having a girl.

"Yes, he is sweety" Dad tells me chuckling. "Now we had better go now or we'll be late getting home" he states. I agreed and gave Mum one last hug before stepping into the fire place. "We'll go to the Leaky Cauldron" Dad tells me holding out the pot of floo powder.

"The Leaky Cauldron" I say clearly dropping the powder into the fire. I was in-golfed by green flames before being pulled through the floo network. When I reached my destination I waited for Dad to arrive while dusting myself off. He soon arrived and lead me out back to where there was a brick wall.

"Watch this" he tells me mischievously taking out his wand. He tapped the wall in three different places and it separated to reveal a crowded street. "Welcome Kazumi to Diagon Alley" he states before taking my hand leading me through the crowd.

A/N

Picture above of Kazumi's supply list and picture on external link of her train ticket.