Throwing Remus off the Trail

Christian's POV

"Are you sure about this?" I ask my sister and Kazumi. It's July 1st and our letter will arrive tomorrow. But it was a full moon last night and Kazumi is really tired. No doubt Remus is to, but he invited her over. Apparently her cousin James will be there also. We had been planning on a way to throw him off Kazumi's trail of her being a werewolf.

"It was your idea bro" Nicole reminds me.

"I know and I'm starting to regret suggesting it" I tell her.

"Look it's simple you go over their for a couple hours pretending to be me. Just don't forget to take the potion every hour" Kazumi assures me. "Besides I managed to get Nicole an invite, so she'll be there to help you every step of the way" she states.

"But why can't she pretend to be you, I hear polyjuice potion tastes like goblin piss" I grumble.

"Stop complaining, besides you do this and Kazumi owes you a favor" Nicole assure me. True and I already had a favor in mind. "Look Remus' mother will be here shortly to pick us up, take the potion" she tells me.

"Ok, but you owe me big time Kazumi" I remind her and drink it. The potion wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I was already in one of Kazumi's outfits so I didn't have to change clothes. "I feel weird" I state after the transformation ended.

"You still sound like yourself, you need to said more like me" Kazumi states.

"Alright" I say in a lighter but higher pitched voice.

"Excellent" Nicole says giving me a thumbs up. Just as Kazumi's mother called us downstairs and Nicole lead me downstairs. "Goodbye Mrs Luna take care of my brother for me please" Nicole states.

"Of course, are you sure you feel up to this Kazumi?" she asks me and I nod my head. She smiles and pulls me into a hug. "Remember two hours then you two have to return as Nicole and Christian need to go home then" she reminds me.

"Got it" I tell her and walk out the door with Nicole. Mrs Lupin let us into her car and drove us to her house. "Thanks Mrs Lupin" I say when reach her house and Nicole says thank you also.

"Hey Remus, thanks for letting me come you look terrible" Nicole states and I elbow her gently.

"Don't mind her Remus, are the others here?" I ask in a excited girly voice.

"Yeah they are and are you ok?" he asks me.

"Throat's a little scratchy, but otherwise I'm fine" I assure him as we enter the house.

"James and Sirius want to play quidditch, did you want too?" Remus asks.

"How do you play three on three quidditch?" I ask confused.

"No idea, how about a chess tournament" he suggests.

"Are you kidding? She'll thrush you" Nicole states.

"Yeah Kazumi's here!" two voices cheer as I'm pulled into a hug.

"Guys you're squishing me" I tell whoever they are.

"Sorry Kazumi, anyway what was this about chess?" James asks as he pulls away with Sirius. I notice the fourth boy standing next to Remus.

"Apparently she's good a chess" Remus tells them and I glare at him.

"Your in trouble Remus" the other boy says pointing at me.

"I challenge you first" I tell him and he agrees. So we head to the lounge and he sets up the board. We did rock paper scissors and he won so he became white. I managed to beat him in 11 moves. That was longer then it'd usually take me.

"I never thought I'd see the day where you lost a chess game Remus" Sirius laughs. I look at the clock and notice I had five minutes before I turn into me again.

"Hey Remus, where's the loo?" I ask him.

"Do the hall and to the right" he states pointing. I thanked him and left making sure I had the vial of potion with me. Once in the bathroom I locked the door and took the potion. Before washing my hands.

"There she is, Kazumi we have to leave in 45 minutes" Nicole reminds me.

"Why do you have to leave?" the small boy asks.

"Nicole has to be home in 50 minutes and her stuff is at my house" I explain.

"Understandable, James and Sirius are about to play exploding snap" Remus tells me. So we all sat down to watch them. James won one game, but in the second the cards exploded. It was time for Nicole and I to leave. We were going to use the floo network this time.

"I had a great time, see you guys at school" I state. "Luna Mansion" I say dropping the floo powder. Nicole soon joined me and I went into the bather while she meet Kazumi. Mission accomplished, time to go home and I never want to drink Polyjuice potion again.

Remus' POV

"She's no werewolf, she wasn't tired at all and had no new scratches like you did" James states.

"Shame, it'd have been cool if she was one" Sirius sighs.

"I'm just glad knowing she isn't going through the same pain as me every month" I tell them.

"So what do we do now?" Peter asks.

"Quidditch match" Sirius and James declare going into the backyard with Peter. But I was still unsure Kazumi acted weird. However, I've never seen her with Nicole before so I just dropped it. As I entered the yard Sirius and James had already began their game.

A/N

Picture above of Polyjuice potion after adding hair.