Day One of Classes

Kazumi's POV

Christian and I are on our way to our first class Potions. Remus had come over during Breakfast to tell me basically where each class is. So I lead the way to the dungeons and we soon found the classroom, as some other first years were already waiting outside. By the looks of their robes we'd be sharing this class with Hufflepuffs.

Nicole soon appeared and gave Christian a hug before giving me one. "Hey did you two want to sit next to each other?" she asks. We agreed and the teacher appeared he let us in. I lead the two twins to the middle of the class where we sat down. Christian sat in between Nicole and I as the teacher took the role.

After he'd done that he stood up waving his wand at the board. "My name is Professor Slughorn and I will be your Potions teacher. Now there isn't really any wand work involved in Potion making. A wand is only used to alter the flames under the cauldron. This year we will focus on simple potions that will be in your exam. But we well also study Potion theory and a little of it's history" he explains.

"Now the Potions we'll make as a team first, but for the end exam you need to be able to make it on your own. The first Potion is on the board, follow the instructions and you should be able to make an acceptable potion. This Potion is a cure for Boils, you have 45 minutes" Slughorn tells us.

I went to get the ingredients leaving the other two to prepare our bench. When I returned we got to work straight away. I crushed the six snake fangs before Christian put four measures of it into the cauldron. Nicole heated the potion slowly and we left it for thirty minutes while preparing the other ingredients.

Then I added the four horned slugs to the potion. Christian then took the potion off the heat before we added the ingredients as the board instructed. Nicole added the two porcupine quills to the cauldron. I stirred the potion five times clockwise, before waving my wand over the potion completing it. Nicole and Christian placed some of the potion into a phial while I started cleaning our desk.

"It's perfect, fives points for each step you did separately" Slughorn tells us after looking at our potion. He  took the phial from Christian before going to the next table. When he finished inspecting our potions the bell went. "For those of you who I have told did not make the potion correctly. You must write an essay on want you did wrong and want you should have done instead. Otherwise there is no homework" he explains and I lead the other two out of the class room.

Christian and I have a fifteen minutes break before History of Magic. However, we found out Nicole had Herbology next, so we'd be sharing the class with either Slytherins or Gryffindors. When we got there we saw we'd be sharing with Gryffindors and we sat in the back of the class. The teacher was a ghost who told us want we'd cover this year before reading from a book all lesson telling us to take notes. Most of the class including me nearly fell asleep on our notes, but the bell woke us up.

When we reached the great hall for lunch our names were called. Nicole was calling Christian to her table and James was calling me to his. "I'll see you after lunch in Charms, do you remember where the class is?" I ask him.

"In the Charms corridor" he states and I nod my head giving him a hug. Then walk over to the Gryffindor table sitting next to James. I noticed Sirius and Remus in a hushed conversation about something while Peter sat quietly watching them.

"Want are they talking about?" I ask James.

"Black Rose Rogue, whoever it is ruined our prank" Sirius states looking at me.

"But you must admit it was a good prank they pulled for their first time at Hogwarts" Remus tells Sirius.

"You guys prank?" I ask trying to hide my enthusiasm.