Sorting Ceremony

Kazumi's POV

"Welcome to Hogwarts, now in a few moments you will enter the hall through these doors to join your class mates. But before you are seated, you must be sorted into your houses. There's Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. While you are here, your house will be like your family. Triumphs will own your house points any rule breaking and you'll lose house points. At the end of the year the house with the most points will own the House Cup" the witch explains.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily, while you wait feel free to smarten up a little" she states looking at a few loose ties and unbutton shirts. She walked into the hall closing the door behind her.

"Do you know how we'll be sorted?" Christian asks me.

"The sorting hat, are you muggle-born?" I ask.

"No halfblood, but my Dad went to Durmstrang" he explains. "Do you know the qualities of the houses?" he asks. Nicole appears and he tells her want we're talking about.

"Will Gryffindor value those brave of heart, Hufflepuff values loyalty though they except pretty much anyone, Ravenclaw value the smart creative people and Slytherin are for the cunning with people who have a lot of ambition" I explain. "But those are just the main qualities of each house" I add.

"You'll probably be in Hufflepuff then Nicole" Christian states. "I don't feel I belong in any house" he mumbles.

"That's not true you love playing guitar and are smart" Nicole tells him.

"It's shouldn't matter want house you're in as most of the houses get along with each other" I tell them. Just then the witch returned and lead us into the great hall. Nicole and Christian were looking at the ceiling in awe. "It's not real you guys, just bewitched to look like the night sky outside" I explain and they nod their heads.

"Can you wait along here please?" the witch tells us when reach the front of the hall, between the staff and student tables. We do so and end up in a line. "Now when I call your name, you will come forward and sit on the stool. Where I'll place the sorting hat on your head and it'll sort you into your house" she explains. She goes in alphabetical order and Barty was sorted into Slytherin.

"Kazumi Luna" she calls and I step forward before sitting on the stool. She placed the hat on my head and it began to whisper into my ear.

'Kazumi Luna I have been expecting you for five years, now lets see where you belong' it states. 'Very loyal to friends/family and cunning when it comes to pranks. But you don't belong in either Hufflepuff or Slytherin' it explains. I sigh in relief about not being in Slytherin. 'Now you are very brave, but it is not your best quality' it tells me. 'So better be Ravenclaw!' it shouts the last part for all to hear.

'Thank you mister sorting-hat' I think to it and it is removed. I walk over to the Ravenclaw table which was in between the Slytherin and Gryffindor tables. I sat on the Gryffindor side opposite James, Remus, Sirius and Peter.

"Congrats cuz, we'll have to visit you sometime" James states smiling.

"Or you can come visit us" Sirius adds also smiling.

"Sure" I tell them and waited for the others to be sorted. "By the way, who is the witch doing the sorting?" I ask them.

"Professor McGonagall, she's the head of our house" Remus explains. "Before you ask the short professor is your head of house, he's name is Professor Flitwick" he adds.

"Thanks Remus" I say facing the front again as the sorting continues.

When it reached 'R' Nicole and Christian were family going to be sorted. "Christian Reed" the witch calls and he steps forward looking nervous.

"Ravenclaw" the hat called after a few minutes and Christian came to sit next to me. "Hufflepuff" the hat calls after being on Nicole's head for a few seconds. Christian and I both clapped for her as she went over to the Hufflepuff table. The sorting was soon over and the Headmaster I believe stood up.

"There is always a time for speech making and this isn't one, let the feast begin" he tells us clapping his hands together. Suddenly a feast appeared all along each table with jugs of drinks. I got some wedges and chicken, then some water to drink. When the desert came I looked for chocolate cake, but couldn't find it.

"Looking for this?" Christian asks holding a plate with a slice of chocolate cake on it.

"Thank you Christian" I say happily taking it and kissing his cheek. He blushed while I started eating the cake slice. I noticed him grab a slice of vanilla sponge cake. "Want a bit?" I ask holding a bit to him.

"Sure" he says and takes a bite then does the same with his cake for me.

"Thanks Christian" I tell him smiling and soon the desert disappeared. The Headmaster stood up again giving a speech on want is forbidden to have and where to find a list of banned items. He also told us not to go into the forest, which I plan on not paying attention too. I love exploring the forest, even after want happened five years ago.

Then a fifth year boy and girl from each house showed the first years to the common rooms. I said goodbye to James, Sirius, Remus and Peter before walking away with Christian. He said goodbye to his sister as we reached the doors. We then continued following the two fifth years to our common room.

"This is the most direct path to our dormitory" the girl fifth tells us.

"But keep an eye on the staircases they like to change" the boy tells us and two staircases change then. They then lead us up the stairs to a tower where we saw a door with a raven knocker on it. "Now it will ask you a riddle and the answer to the riddle is the password" the boy explains.

"What is greater than God, more evil than the devil, the poor have it, the rich need it, and if you eat it, you'll die" the knocker asks us.

"Anyone want to have a go at the answer?" the girl asks us.

"The answer is 'Nothing'" I tell her and the door opens.

"Very good" the girl compliments me as she leads us inside first while the fifth year boy brought up the rear. "Welcome to the Ravenclaw Common room, also known as Ravenclaw Tower" she states. As we gather in the middle of the room in front of her and the boy.

A/N

Picture above of Ravenclaw crest.