Date and Subject Choices

Kazumi's POV

My detentions with Flitwick went well and I marked first years work. Helped him plan lessons and even learnt a few more charms. He told me I have a gift for Charms and asked if I thought of pursuing it as a career. It does sound tempting, but I also what to be able to travel the world in the future. Besides I still have a few years yet before I have to make a decision.

Christian and I are on our date in Hogsmeade on Valentines dat. First he took me to this cafe which was all pink and had Cupids. Neither of us liked it so we went to the three broomsticks instead for lunch, after having the tea we ordered. He payed for my food and drink, we even shared a slice of cake for dessert. Then he took me to my favourite shops where he brought everything I wanted. But I did buy some stuff for myself in secret. After that we went to the shrieking shack and just talked about up coming exams. Then we went to the lake where Christian had organized a boat to take us back to the castle. It was so romantic and I loved it.

We decided not to date straight away as we are only in our second year. But decided to start dating maybe half through next year. If our feelings haven't changed by then. It wasn't awkward at all after our date, but Nicole kept asking if we were a couple now. So were Lily, Alice and Marlene. Even the marauders asked me going into protective mood. But Christian and I assure them we are only best friends for now. So they dropped it.

With up coming exams pamphlets also appeared in our common room. For five years it was about different career choices. For us second years it was about what extra classes we want to take next year. We had to pick two or three subjects. Christian and I decided to discuss it with Nicole so we all went to the library.

"What subjects are you thinking about doing?" Christian asks her.

"Divination and Arithmancy" she states. "What about you two?" she asks.

"I was thinking Divination and Arithmancy also" Christian states. "But I've also been thinking Ancient Runes" he adds. "What about you Zumi?" he asks while I was reading a muggle studies pamphlet.

"I like the sound of all of them, except for Divination" I tell them.

"Why not?" they asked me.

"Because it very imprecise and seems to require a lot of guess work. True seers are really rare and I'm not one. So why take the subject?" I ask them.

"True, but we could teach you about muggles" Nicole tells me. Changing the subject and I could see Christian thinking about what I'd said about Divination. But he tunes back into the conversation when Nicole nudged him.

"That way you're left with three classes, Ancient Runes, Arithmancy and Care of Magical Creatures" Christian states smiling gently.

"Seems like a good plan, but I'll think it over some more before making a final decision" I tell them. We then spend the rest of the afternoon studying. Then I hang out with the marauders for awhile and sat with them at dinner. I asked them about the extra subjects, but they could only tell me about Arithmancy and Care Magical Creatures. Remus told me a little about Ancient Runes, but it wasn't his best subject.

They then told me about the jobs they are thinking of applying for. James and Sirius were stuck between being aurors or professional quidditch players. Remus really wants to be a teacher, but because of his furry little problem. It'll make nearly impossible for him to get a job. It will be easier for me as I am not a registered werewolf. But I wish it could be the same for Remus. Peter has no idea what he wants to do in the future.

When Flitwick asked me what subjects I wanted to study next year a few days after the fliers appeared. I said "Arithmancy, Ancient Runes and Care of Magical Creatures".

"Why not Divination or Muggle studies?" he asks.

"I'm no seer and Christian is going to teach me about muggles along with his sister Nicole" I explain.

"Understandable" he says nodding his head as he writes the subjects down next to my name. "Professor McGonagall and I have spoken to Dumbledore about you spending a full moon in the shack with Mister Lupin. It will be dangerous, but we are willing to give it a try. We'll have a room only you can enter encase things get out of hand. But we won't do this until next year" he explains.

"I understand, thanks professor see you in class" I tell him before leaving. Christian enters the office after me as it was his turn to discuss what subjects he wants to do next year. Since class time was nearly over and I have a spare period. I head to the library and Remus soon joins me with Christian. We all study together helping each other out. I wish I could do Astronomy, but it's done at night-time and the exam is always on a full moon. Which is why I enjoy star gazing with Christian when it isn't a full moon.