Mud-blood

(Skipped to after exams) Kazumi's POV

I don't know how, but I survived my first year of being in a fake relationship with Barty Jr. He'd let up a little on being so controlling. But I've noticed he's very secretive, which is fine. Since we aren't a real couple. My team won the Quidditch cup and may win the house cup. The Marauders have hardly pranked this year, due to their OWLs. But I've made up for that. While also keeping up with my study. The marauders and I spent full moons together exploring the forest along with Hogsmeade. They've even take me to shack occasionally.

Any way I'm waiting in the entrance hall while the marauders have a theory exam. Defense Against the Dark Arts. Barty was off hanging out with Regulus somewhere. The doors open and the fifth years come out and I join the marauders. We all head down to the lake and rest under a try. Sirius with his eyes close, Remus reading a book and me looking at the scenery. Peter was watching James release and catch a snitch he'd 'burrowed' from the Quidditch ball set.

"Put that away, will you, before Wormtail wets himself with excitement" Sirius tells James. Who complies while Peter blushes. Sirius then announces he's bored and Remus suggests he helps him with transfiguration revision. But Sirius refuses so I take the book and begin to quiz Remus.

"I think I see something that'll brighten your day Padfoot" James states. Sirius looks up to where James was looking and smirks.

"Excellent, Snivellus" he says and I roll my eyes. Remus and I continue to focus on his revision. But end up eavesdropping as Sirius and James approach Snape. Peter watches in excitement.

"All right, Snivellus?" James calls out.Snape reacts quickly: he drops his bag and reaches for his wand. James, however, is faster, and disarms  him. Sirius laughs, and uses the impediment jinx to prevent Severus from retrieving the wand.

Some of the surrounding students seem apprehensive; others, entertained. Wormtail gets up to get a better view of the scene. While Remus and I remain seated. James glances at the girls at the lake before he and Sirius approach the fallen Snape. No doubt was by the lake with her friends. "How'd the exam go, Snivelly?"  James asks him.

"I was watching him, his nose was touching the parchment," Sirius sneers. "There'll be great grease marks all over it, they won't be able to read a word." He states, making several people laugh.

Snape struggles, trying to get up, and pants, "You — wait! You — wait" with an expression of pure loathing.

"Wait for what? What're you going to do, Snivelly, wipe your nose on us?" Sirius cooly taunts.

Severus spits a mix of swear words and hexes. James coldly orders, "Wash out your mouth. Scourgify!" Pink soap bubbles appear at once in Snape's mouth, making him gag.

"That's enough you two!" I shout as Lily appears telling them leave Snape alone.

"What did he ever do to you?" she asks.

"Well, it's more the fact that he exists, if you know what I mean ..." James state.Most of the crowd laughs, with the exception of Remus, Lily and I.

"You think you're funny. But you're just an arrogant, bullying toerag, Potter. Leave him alone" She repeats.

"She's right James, you've had your fun. Now stop" I tell him.

"I will if you go out with me, Evans. Go on ... go out with me and I'll never lay a wand on old Snivelly again" James says ignoring me.The jinx on Snape is starting to wear off, and he reaches for his wand.

Lily says, "I wouldn't go out with you if it was a choice between you and the giant squid".

"Bad luck, Prongs," Sirius notes, and turns to Snape. "Oi!" he shouts.It is too late. A flash of light causes a gash to appear on the side of James' face, and blood spatters on his robes. Another flash of light has Snape hanging upside-down in the air, with his robes falling over his head. Several people cheer, and the three entertained Marauders laugh.

I notice Lily almost smile, but she catches herself in time. "Let him down!" she says sternly.

"Certainly." With a jerk of James' wand, Snape falls to the ground. Before the Slytherin can do any damage with his wand, however, Sirius uses the body bind curse on him.

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Lily shouts drawing her own wand.

"Ah, Evans, don't make me hex you," said James earnestly.

"Take the curse off him, then!" she orders.

James obeys with a sigh. "You're lucky Evans was here, Snivellus" he says.

"I don't need help from filthy little mudbloods like her!" Snape snaps.

"How dare you call her that!" I shout drawing my wand.

"Fine. I won't bother in the future. And I'd wash your pants if I were you, Snivellus" she tells him.James is far more affected by the insult than she is. He furiously orders Snape to apologize. "I don't want you to make him apologize!" she shouts. "You're as bad as he is!" she snaps.

 "What? I'd NEVER call you a — you-know-what!" James tells her.

"Messing up your hair because you think it looks cool to look like you've just got off your broomstick, showing off with that stupid Snitch, walking down corridors and hexing anyone who annoys you just because you can — I'm surprised your broomstick can get off the ground with that fat head on it. You make me SICK" she states.She turns around and leaves. James tries calling her, in vain.

"What is it with her?" he asks us.

"Reading between the lines, I'd say she thinks you're a bit conceited, mate," Sirius offers helpfully.

"Now where was I?" I ask aloud. "Oh right" I say pointing my wand at Snape. Again he is hanging by his ankle in the air before I storm away. I find Nicole and Christian in the library studying. So I join them with Entei beside us on the table. Usually animals weren't aloud in the library, but Madame Pince doesn't mind him being here as he doesn't do anything to the books.