True Feelings

~chapter 9~

"Shawn!" I yell. I was shocked to see him.

My heart was skipping beats and my head felt dizzy.

"Nice to know you really meant the word 'love' back at Panera!" He said.

"I did mean it-" he interrupted.

"Then why are you here kissing other people!" His voice became louder.

"Why do you care?!" I yelled.

A silence grew.

Taylor looked at both of us and left.

When he looked at me, he looked upset, dissapointed, broken.

It was just me and Shawn staring at eachother. I was waiting for an answer.

I walked over to my bed and sat down.

"Shawn, what is our relationship? Are we friends, frenemies, lovers?" I asked him.

"I don't know Maddie. I can't make that choice because I don't know how you feel about me." He told me.

I watched a year roll down his cheek.
He's a sweet guy with a sensitive heart.

"You wanna know how I feel about you!" I say.

I walk up to him and kiss him hard!
I didn't let go and tried to make it feel passionate and real.

He didn't refuse, instead, he went along with it.

I began to touch his hair and neck. so no one interrupts again, I closed the door and locked it.

I didn't let go of Shawn's lips and I began to strip him. I unbuckled his belt and unbuttoned his flannel.

He began to undress me as well. He took off my t-shirt and unbuttoned my jeans until he let go of my lips.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes.

I was a bit confused because I knew now how he felt about me.

"I don't think you are committed to me. I think you like Taylor and Cameron. That's why I'm getting over you." He explained.

Each word hurt me. I put my t-shirt back on and buttoned my jeans.

He as well put his clothes on.

"See you around, Maddie." He opened the door and looked back.

I was waiting for him to say or do something. Instead he left my heart waiting just a little longer for an answer.