twenty one

It was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Aurora didn't want to leave the wedding dress alone hanging in the closet. She fell in love with it at first sight and when she tried it on she was committed, it was the perfect dress in her eyes and she fell in love with the way it made her feel beautiful. Aurora couldn't wait for Desmond to see her in it.

Desmond wasn't going to get off work until twelve am. It was the kind of thing Aurora never got used to. As a doctor Desmond had to work two full days without sleep working in the E.R as a surgeon. It was a heavy job but well worth it in Aurora's eyes because she noticed how nicely put together his house was and not to mention the size of it. She felt like a queen in a palace with a wonderful king. Her life was going perfect, or so she tried to convince herself that.

She was alone in the house eating late breakfast, she wasn't even hungry but she desperately tried to escape the reality of the events that took place yesterday inside the house. Harry kissed her but she kissed back and that's what made guilt form at the bottom of her stomach. If she wanted she could cry right now. As much as she didn't want to admit it everything was going wrong. She's marrying someone she doesn't really love like that, she's trained herself to rid of the only man that can make her happy, her parents are far away from her and not even together anymore, oh and how could she forget, she can't have kids.

What could she lose. She's alone for another set of hours so might as well cry. Cry it all out.

Aurora pushed her plate of food away from her and dipped her face in her hands. It wasn't long before her crying session was cut short with the pounding at the front door. It was frantic and desperate and all too familiar.

Aurora stayed quiet. She didn't want Harry to hear her hurting. He didn't deserve that kind of satisfaction. She quietly crept to the door and looked through the peek hole and to her surprise it was a girl. A pretty one.

She wiped her eyes before opening the door. The brunette jerked back as she came face to face with Aurora.

"Who are you?" She frowned. Aurora was just as curious as to who she was. She had never seen this women in her life before now.

"Aurora... who are you? And why are you pounding at my door?"

The brunette raised a high brow. "So now you think you own the place?" She said folding her arms over her chest. "Look I don't care about you, where is Desmond?"

"I'm his fiancé, now I'll ask you again. Who. The fuck. Are. You?"

The brunette chuckled out. "Fiancé or not I couldn't give a shit about you. You think a little ring on your finger will make you any better then Ari's mom? Well that's if he's even told you about his daughter" the brunette pushed Aurora aside entering her old home. The aroma wasn't the same anymore, the furniture was renewed and replaced. The floors that were once carpet have been changed to marble and the house wife that used to be her was now Aurora.

"Get the fuck out! I don't know you-"

"Desmond knows me! He owns this house, you aren't shit but his fuck for now! So give him a call and tell him that if I don't have my thirty grand by tomorrow he's never seeing Ari or me again"

Aurora couldn't get a word out. She was still stuck on the fact that he had a daughter who she didn't know about.

"Oh and the names Gwen. You call the cops and I'll shoot you in the face" she said as she disappeared further into the house.

Aurora followed quietly behind her. Her hands were shaking not of fear but resisting to not pour out an ocean from her eyes.

Gwen opened the door to the basement that Aurora didn't even know about. She figured Gwen was his ex wife, the one he always talked bad about because she knew the house like the back of her hand.