twenty eight

It's crazy how the people you love end up hurting you the most. In the cruelest and most kindness ways. Aurora sat still on the couch for a good ten minutes now, she couldn't get her brain to carry on like she didn't just receive the weirdest phone call from Harry. She worried what he had done to cause himself getting arrested and although she shouldn't have cared she still did. She still loved him unfortunately but then again she also loved Desmond. She didn't know who she actually loved or if it was possible she loved both of them.

"Everything okay?" Desmond asked as he walked into the living room.

"Huh? Yeah, everything's okay. I just need to call my sister for a minute and see how she's doing" Aurora lied as she went outside to call Louis.

She hadn't spoke to Louis or Sabrina since the wedding and surely it was awkward to be the one calling him asking about his best friend, but that best friend just told her he loves her and now has confused the girl.

"Aurora?" Louis picked up.

"Yea, it's me calling from Florida. I know you probably don't want to talk to me but I-"

Louis cut Aurora short, "no, Aurora I need to apologize, I should have read the note first before giving you that hateful piece of paper. I didn't know it said that. If I did I wouldn't have gave it to you"

"Forget that, I'm over it. Listen I was calling to ask you about Harry" Aurora lowered her voice.

"You got the call? Harry got caught up beating on Jannes" Louis ran a hand through his hair thinking about Harry. "I've got to get him out of jail Aurora, he doesn't belong there"

"Oh god Harry" Aurora sighed. "Is he okay?"

"His face was really bloody, he might be taken to the hospital to seek medical attention. They can't lock him up when he's injured that bad" Louis cursed under his breath, "I've got to get him out of there"

Aurora felt as if she was carrying an anchor in the pit of her stomach. "He doesn't belong in there, I've got to help him"

"Aurora no, you're on your honeymoon right now, don't screw up your marriage so quick" Louis worried.

"Louis I can bail him out! I can get money from Desmond's coke and-"

"Aurora no! Don't mess with the mans drugs. Worst mistake you could do. Just listen to me and stay in Florida, I can bail him myself"

Aurora swatted at her glossy eyes to keep herself from crying. "I feel like I need to help him, I won't sleep tonight knowing I'm not doing anything to help"

"You feel that way because you love him... don't worry, I'll make sure he knows you care"

Aurora jerked back in fright as Desmond opened the door. "Woah, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you"

"I've got to go, I'll talk to you later" Aurora quickly hung up.

"I just came to tell you dinners ready" Desmond pecked her lips gently.

"I-I'm not hungry"

Desmond looked at her concerned. "What's wrong? Who were you talking to?" He asked.

Aurora closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She was done with the lies and as a couple she knew that truth should only be told.

"That wasn't your sister on the phone was it?" Desmond sighed as he leaned against the closed door. "This about-"

"He's in jail" Aurora blurted out.

Her heart was racing wondering how Desmond would react.

Desmond furrowed his brows, "Huh?"