thirty nine

Eight months later

For the last two hundred and fourteen days Aurora's had been growing perfectly fine. The ultrasounds gave an estimate of the baby's weight being nearly seven pounds. She was an angel on the screen. Massey. They picked out Massey. Harry said she needed a beautiful name, one that she wouldn't want to change later in life. She was his princess to be and her mommy his queen. He hoped it stayed that way.

Harry watched Aurora laying on the sun chair out on the deck as she basked in the suns rays. She had one of his plain white tee's on and no bottoms but that was the only way she was comfortable in her shoes. Being so far in her pregnancy meant more excruciating back pain. She was so hormonal and picky about everything but instead of that pissing Harry off it made him grin. To him it was like watching a larva in the transformation of becoming a butterfly. Soon she'd have her happiness in her arms. Both their arms.

He tilted the tea cup to his lips finishing off the rest of the liquid before joining his to be wife outside.

"How are you feeling? Still getting those contractions?" Harry asked as he sat on the sun chair next to her.

Aurora squinted her eyes at the sun. "Yeah... they've calmed a bit down, plus she hasn't kicked me in like ten minutes so I'm fine" Aurora smiled at Harry.

"She'll be out soon. You're a little past due aren't you?"

Aurora nodded her head. "She could come out right now for all I know. What about you? How's that whole Jannes investigation thing going?"

Harry scratched his head. "Haven't found a clue besides she's somewhere in Miami. She's probably changed her name already so it's whatever now. I don't really care anymore, five thousand is just money. Paper that grows off trees. Millions of it are made everyday. I rather stay home and be with you then stuck in the office"

Aurora reached out her hand for Harry to take. "I love you Harry. I love your mentality. You've really put your dad game on these past couple of months. You're not letting anything get in your way and I can't began to tell you how attractive that is. You'll be a great dad. I swear it"

Harry pressed his lips to the back of her hand. "Thanks, I know you'll be a great mum too."

"Louis' invited us to a barbecue but I'm not really feeling it. You can go without me Harry. You shouldn't stay in all day on your free day just because I'm pregnant. I want you to have fun too"

Harry shook his head. "I'm not going if you aren't. If I leave you here your water could break"

"I doubt it'll happen today" Aurora chuckled. "Please, just go Harry. I'll be alright. Say hello to them for me"

"You sure you won't need me?" Harry assured.

"Yes... now go"

Harry placed the case of beers on the ground as he went around greeting them all with a hug. Sabrina carried Stella, their two month old baby girl. Harry smiled at the thought of Aurora being like that one day with Massey.

"Hi Stel" Harry babied to Stella as he tickled her stomach with his finger causing her to smile. "She's lovely, how have you been Sabrina?" Harry asked.

"Busy" Sabrina sighed. Stella is a handful and barely lets us sleep but we're getting there. What about Aurora?"

Harry wished he had good things to say but the truth was she wasn't doing so great. He had been witnessing Aurora weaken every day and how sick she had got over the small course of time. At a point it had worsened so bad that they had to call a medic to the house and what the medic told her Aurora tried to ignore. She was in pain everyday but she tried not to show it, but Harry knew when he looked at his girl she was slightly different. Her speaking was slower and emotionless, she had lost weight and her bones were beginning to seem a little to noticeable. He often caught her gazing blankly at nothing and no matter how many times Harry tried to tell her about the medic's options she raged and ignored him. Harry realized she wasn't taking his advice or anyone's so he gave up. All he had left was to hope everything would go well.