twenty seven

"The foods great, I've never tried oysters in my life but I think they might be my favorite food now" Aurora smiled as she reached for another oyster.

"I'm glad you like it. You don't really seem like a seafood kind of person" Desmond took a drink of the scotch in hand.

"Yeah no, I didn't think I would be either but this is amazing. Seafood for breakfast? I could do this everyday"

"Well you know not all the places serve this great of seafood. So if you wanted to do this everyday we'd have to live in Florida" Desmond grinned.

"Wait, so we're staying?" She questioned eager for an answer as squeezed an oyster shell in her hand.

"I was on the phone with Walter Health this morning, they said they can fax over my records and get me a job as a surgeon here in Florida"

Aurora stood up from her chair and launched her arms around Desmond as she squealed in excitement. "YES!!" She shouted.

Everyone in he restaurant began to clap as they looked over at Desmond and Aurora who both were flushed with red cheeks. "Sorry" she whispered in his ear.

Desmond waved off the people as they returned to the food in front of them. "Anyway, I still have a problem"

Aurora's smile faded knowing it was the problem was about Gwen. "She doesn't want to move does she?"

Desmond nodded with a frown. "Yeah, and I wouldn't see Ari except for the holidays if I make the move here"

"Why does she hate me so much?" Aurora sighed now flustered.

"She doesn't, she hates me. She hates me so much she can't see me happy. Not with you and not with anyone unless it's her" Desmond pushed his plate aside loss of appetite.

Aurora began to fidget with her fingers. "Oh, just forget me ever asking, it was stupid"

"No, it wasn't stupid. I'd love to live here with you... and Ari. I want to have both of my girls with me. Believe me it was not stupid"

"I can't make you choose your daughter or me and I'm not going to. Your daughter comes first. If I had a child I'd put them before anyone else including myself" Aurora reached her hand out to his and held it slightly as she brushed her thumb over his skin soothingly.

"We will one day. I'm going to live with my two favorite girls in a big house here in Florida, hell maybe we'll move to the Bahamas. Anywhere you'd like to go" Desmond kissed the back of Aurora's hand.

She couldn't help but to feel guilty and ashamed. The same feeling Aurora would get when she was with Harry. She was so heartbroken that she couldn't have children, she'd love to give one to Desmond seeing as he needed one incase his daughter ever failed to keep breathing. What would she do when the time comes.

Harry was annoyingly right.

Desmond noticed something was wrong. The why she shied away from him and looked down at her fidgeting fingers to avoid crying. Something he learned to notice over the past year.

"What's the matter?" He asked.

Aurora bit her bottom lip hoping to relief her urge to cry. "I'm just... I'm a little sad that's all" she smiled.

"You don't want to live with Ari?"

"No, it's not that. I don't want to talk about it here because I'll look like a baby and such. I don't want to spoil anyone's breakfast"

Desmond thought it might have something to do with her not being able to get pregnant and was quick to provide comfort.

"If this is about your delicate uterus-"