twenty three

Harry was angry at himself for showing up at the Tomlinson's house at three almost four in the morning for one reason and a toxic one too. Aurora was inside. After his agreement with himself he was being tested and he figured since he was already at their door step he might as well take advantage of the moment. After all he did tell Aurora he'd always care about her and if she missed him at the middle of the night he'd be next to her in the next five minutes if she allowed it. In little words; love was immortal.

Louis opened the door letting Harry in. He didn't even say hi to Louis let alone say anything at all. He hung his jacket on the coat rack without ripping his eyes from Aurora. She was laying down curled up in a ball weeping slowly. He had never seen her so hurt before. Usually when she was hurt she was angry, she was yelling and throwing things but tonight she was hurting deeper. So deep that she was silent and calm and it spooked Harry to the core.

Sabrina got up from her previous position and let Harry take her place at Aurora's feet. Her eyes were half shut but once she noticed that the body sitting next to her wasn't Sabrina or Louis her eyes opened wide with more tears to fill. Harry quickly sat closer to hold her properly, he was sure not to kiss her or make it seem more then a friendly support. He was already with Aurora crossing the line to his agreement so the least he could do was try not to love her.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her forehead against his cheek. Aurora was so happy to see him again, to feel like everything was okay even just for the minutes he'd be here. She just needed him to prove he didn't hate her so she could feel good and not guilty for treating him badly.

It was nothing but pure silence for five minutes. Louis and Sabrina were going back upstairs to give them room to speak and knowing Harry things would probably escalate quickly.

"Crash here for tonight if you need to" Louis said following Sabrina upstairs.

Aurora took her arms off Harry's neck and hugged herself. She wished she didn't look like a mess in front of him, crying like the weak person she always hides. After tonight there was no way she would front like she didn't need him. Harry was her life line and wether he allowed it or not she was his.

"Thank you for coming... I really needed that" she muttered quietly.

Harry smiled adjusting himself unto the sofa. He didn't know what to say or do other then just stare at her. He thought she looked so beautiful, she never changed and that was something he loved about her.

Aurora reached for her shoes and keys, Harry frowned that she had to go but he couldn't let her leave, not like this. He grabbed her hand and held on. Again not saying a word until he figured out the right ones to say.

"Don't go" he said surprising himself that he actually managed to say something.

Aurora looked at his hand grabbing onto hers, she smiled for a moment thinking back to the times they used to hold hands and how they couldn't be nothing but memories now.

"No Harry I do. I'm a low person for coming here in the first place knowing I have a fiancé at home"

Harry pulled her back down to be eye level with him. "Screw your fiancé, you wouldn't be here if he made you happy"

Aurora knew what he was saying was true. She wasn't happy with Desmond, she was okay. The constant lying to herself about her well being manipulated herself into thinking she was actually happy. It was time she broke her own rules and treated herself to what she really needed.