twenty four

Harry didn't even notice when Jannes had stopped crying and went to sleep. She had pushed him out of their room to be alone while she sobbed out the news they received at the hospital. Harry couldn't sleep or shut his eyes. The guilt would rise every second he thought about the baby. There was no more baby. Maybe if he had stayed he could have helped in some way to prevent this but he wasn't. He was out cheating. Like the bastard he was but what was he expecting? He wasn't a man of his word, not even when he was with Aurora.

He rubbed circles on his eyes with the balls of his hands somehow relieving stress. He hadn't been called for work in a long time and now at this moment it seemed like a hell of a lot better option then to be stuck with Jannes moping around and blaming him for her miscarriage. The doctor had asked if she was under stress lately and she didn't answer, she didn't need to. The glare she shot Harry in the hospital room was enough for a yes. As if Harry didn't feel irresponsible enough he wasn't there to help her at her moment of need. He was an asshole. Showing up late out of breath, hair a mess, a hickey on his neck, smelling different. Even the doctor knew he had been out cheating. Jannes hadn't even received the news about the miscarriage when she started crying and that's what hurt Harry the most. She knew he was cheating and she knew that her night was not going to get any better. And it didn't. She knew she had lost the baby when the doctor came in with slanted brows and a frown. It just made her cry harder. If Harry had a gun in his hand he'd probably shoot himself out of guilt.

He crept into their bedroom where she had passed out to check on her. She looked so peaceful at last, the highlight of his night to see her so calm and control.

He crotched next to her at eye level and stared blankly. She was gorgeous, she truly was and he'd be a dumb ass for letting her go. Harry took a piece of her hair tucking it behind her ear. He kissed her forehead and then the tip of her nose.

"I'm sorry baby" he whispered. He looked at her stomach that once held his child and teared up. She used to talk to her stomach and he used to sing to it, they were a little happy family. A little happy family they would proceed to be.

       Aurora wasn't sure about the hour, six am was her guess. It was finally visible out and the sky was blue, just like her lips. She was shivering and sleepy. Her eyes felt like they weighed ten pounds each. She had arrived at Louis and was on her way home with the heater blasted to its fullest. With no doubt she was going to catch a cold.

She was hoping Desmond wasn't awake or hadn't awoken over night to see she was missing. Even with the warm car ride from Louis' to her place wasn't enough to fully recover the warmth she needed. Aurora entered the house as quiet as she could but with Desmond asleep on the couch she knew she wouldn't get very far.

"I'm home" Aurora sat on the couch next to his body.

Desmond immediately awoke to the hearing of her voice. "Where the hell were you last night?" He sat up and sat away from her.

Aurora took a blanket wrapping herself in the warmth. "I went to Sabrina's, I couldn't sleep" she said. It wasn't the complete truth but a little bit of truth was better then a bullshit lie.

"I was worried, I drove around for an hour looking for you. I was gonna call the cops but I figured you'd be okay" Desmond stood up stretching out.

"It won't happen again. I'm sorry I put you through trouble" Aurora wrapped her arms around Desmond planting a kiss on his lips.

"I'll get started on breakfast"

"Make some for yourself, I'll eat later. I'm just really tired still" Aurora trotted upstairs. She had never been more excited to finally get some sleep. What happened last night was a mistake, it'd be the last time she'd ever see Harry again. She felt stupid for giving him a chance, for believing that he still loved her all along but even worse was that she admitted to loving him endlessly. The love was always one sided and she was blind enough to not notice. Her heart wasn't broken, it was shattered but even so with a shattered heart she closed her eyes and went to sleep.