CHAPTER II

Dedicated to: Rnnclgnsy

*****

We are on our way home. Finally!

Dad's the one who's driving while me and Mendelle are sitting on the backseat. Kating kati na 'kong buksan ang bag ko, kuhain ang libro at magbasa but again,

Family time kuno.

I can see the stars
From America
I wonder, do you see them, too?

Agad akong napatingin kay Dad.

"Your favorite song?" He asked smiling at me.

"Yeah." I simply replied.

"What song is that?" Mendelle asked as if she's not with us or let's just say, she must be feeling that we're putting her out of the frame. Masyadog pabida ang isang 'to. Palaging kulang sa atensyon. God!

"All of the stars. Ed Sheeran. The theme song of---"

"Oh. I got it. I watched the movie."

"You watched the movie and you didn't even recognize the song? I wonder what you were doing inside the cinema."

"Someone called me for an urgent meeting so I had to stop-"

"Ok. Enough with explanation. The important thing here for me is that, you watched the movie and get to know who is Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters. That's enough with me. Thank you by the way."

Natahimik sya bigla sabay lukot ng mukha. Malalim na nag-isip at napabuntong hininga.

"Wow. Just wow. Did you just thanked me?"

"You and your over reactions. It's just a thank you, Mends."

Muli syang natahimik. Mukhang ang daming gustong sabihin na hindi nya ma-construct into words.

"I wonder how painful it is to find someone, specially the love of your life with that kind of sickness. Seems like they are not really for each other."

"I don't think so. Love is such a powerful word and a feeling to someone." Wow. Where are these words coming from?

"Oh, that love! Love really sucks, you know? Well, it is still a nice movie 'cause I didn't expect that Augustus will die first since in the movie, it was already given at the exposition the condition of Hazel Grace."

"Are you doing a movie review or what?"

"Nah. I was just stating."

"You're sharing."

"They're the same, Bey." She then agin rolled her eyes. Ang sarap tanggalan ng mata ng isang 'to.

"There's a difference between sharing and stating--"

"Ok. Eh di ikaw na matalino!"

"I'm not saying na matalino ako-"

"But you're making me feel like a dumb headed sister like I didn't graduate and got my master's degree."

"Sa sobrang OA mo, nakalimutan mong naka-graduate ka lang. Hindi ka nakakuha ng master's degree."

"Whatever!" Humalukipkip sya at tumingin sa labas.

Well, I have to admit that I'm getting interested with our conversation. I don't know if it's really interesting or I really have nothing to do 'cause my book is inside my bag and I can't even touch it at this time.

"Love is not just about being happy. Love can harm people too. A lot of people are dying simply because of Love." Muli nyang sabi. Mukhang ayaw nyang bitawan ang topic.