CHAPTER I

Dedicated to: MsJaniieFuu (Thanks for doing the simple cover for me. Mwah!)

******

The deep green grass was touching my fairly white skin and it gives me nothing but the feeling of having dirt.
The ambiance of the place where I am sitting makes me realize only one thing——boredom.
And don't ever put on your head that I am irritated or whatsoever. Of course not. Boredom has been my surname since I was born. Well, I know you don't care as much as I am.

Boredom is my kind of happiness. I'd rather lock myself on my room and read my favorite English Novels than talk with nonsense people having boring and nonsensical conversations.
I'm a huge fan of boredom. And I pity myself for not having thrills in my life but thanks to the wonderful books I'm reading.

I was falling deeply in love with what I'm doing when someone from somewhere——maybe from the outer space came near me and tried to disturb and caught my precious attention.

"I am expecting to see you doing something new."

"I'm sorry to disappoint you." I told her without putting my eyes on her. It's not even worth it by the way.

"So next time, 'wag kang mag-expect. Lesson learned." Still not looking at her.

I heard her emit a long deep sigh.
"Can you please show some-"

"Respect? For the millionth time, you asked for my respect. Oh, please get tired of asking me that thing."

"Bitch."

"I don't care."

"May I remind you that we're here to have some family time. I have a lot of work I leaved just to be here. Matuto kang umappreciate ng effort." It seems like she ignored my terrifying words and put herself in the spotlight saying how good daughter she is.

A long moment of silence engulfed our senses.

"Did you miss her?"
She asked after the long moment of silence.

My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations...

"Our mother. Did you miss her?" I did not answer as if I didn't hear the question she's asking.

At mukhang hindi talaga sya titigil hangga't hindi nya nakukuha ang sagot mula sa bibig ko. I'd rather continue reading my book than answer her blarney question.

"It's been a long time. Isn't it?"

My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations...

I came back on this line on my favorite book simply because I love it or should I say na dapat wala akong pakialam sa sinasabi nya? Stupid sister with her stupid question.

"Where did you get the guts to ask me that? Seriously, Mendelle? Gusto mong ibaon kita  ng buhay sa lupa?"

"Maaari kasing nagbago na ang isip mo."

"Well, you're wrong. One single mistake can't change the fact that our mother dear is really someone I don't want to talk about. Get that?"

"It's been one year. Kelan ka ba magmu-move on?"

"Move on your ass." Itinuon ko na lang muli ang atensyon ko sa pagbabasa. She's saying words that I can't even understand. It's getting blurry in my ears.

"I know how much you love books and reading them but this time, I'm pleasing you. Just get Hazel Grace Lancaster out of your mind and bond with your family, us. Me and dad."