Epilogue

[2 Years later...]

"I am expecting to see you doing something new."

"I'm sorry to disappoint you." I told her without putting my eyes on her. It's not even worth it by the way.

"So next time, 'wag kang mag-expect. Lesson learned." Still not looking at her.

I heard her emit a long deep sigh.

"Can you please show some-"

"Respect? For the millionth time, you asked for my respect. Can you please get tired of asking me that thing?"

"We are here to have some family time. I have a lot of work I leaved just to be here. Matuto kang umappreciate ng effort." It seems like she ignored my terrifying words and put herself in the spotlight saying how good daughter she is.

A long moment of silence engulfed the whole area where we are sitting.

"Well, I get it. Hindi mo maalala si mom kaya ganyan ka umakto."

Looking for reason on how to soothe pain;
Oh please, give my love a morphine

"Uy. Pansinin mo naman ako. Palagi ka na lang busy sa pagbabasa."

Mukhang hindi talaga sya titigil sa pangungulit sa akin.

I'd rather continue reading this book than talk with her blarney words.

"It's been a long time. Isn't it?"

Looking for reason on how to soothe pain;
Oh please, give my love a morphine

I came back on this line on my favorite book simply because I love it. Really.

"I know you heard me but as usual, go on! just keep on ignoring me. Should I be surprised? I know how much you love books and reading them but this time, I'm pleasing you. Stop."

After hearing that, I gave her my confused eyes. I looked at my book and took a deep breath.

"Ugh. Fine."

Even though I'm not looking at her, I can see on my peripheral vision that she's smiling.

"You said you were pleasing but it doesn't sounds like. You were commanding me to do such things."

She flashes another smile and I know, her soul is having wild happiness because for the first time, I complied with her command.

She stopped for a while and looked at me. I saw a little bit of disappoinment on her eyes.

"I already told you a lot of times, don't let something harsh slipped out of my lips. You don't wanna hear something that hurts, right?"

"J-just put your book inside your bag."

"Yuan's works deserve respect and appreciation. But okay, as what you've said." And so, I immediately put my books inside my bag.

"Teka, nasaan na ba si Dad?"

"Sobrang tutok na tutok ka kasi sa pagbabasa kaya hindi mo namalayang nauna tayo sa kanya rito. Kukunin nya daw muna ang foods and drinks sa kotse." Medyo iritableng sabi nya.

"Kelan ka pa nandito? Napakabuti mo naman ata at umuwi ka pa from US just to be here."

"That's how I value family. That's how I value our mom." She said seriously.

"Oh. You're a great daughter! You know what, I still don't have any idea why I let myself be here. I should be on my room, reading John Green and Jane Austen's nov——"