Angel

PROLOGUE

I closed my eyes, took a long breath and let the pure air and whistle and rustle of the leaves down at the trees could wash my worries away, it’s a good technique, but at the few last days, didn´t work, well, I think i was supposed to expect that.

The sun up here it’s even warmer and brighter than ever, shining on all the expanse of trees, grass and local vegetation down there, the trees with its grandeur and wonderful green leaves, its thick brown trunks, old roots of more than thousands of years tucking inside the soil and one or another peering out.

Farther on the horizon, I can see the part with lakes, rivers and huge waterfalls rushing down with more than ten feet tall each one, its crystal-clear waters gleaming off as a natural mirror, goods for a great refreshment, baths and a lot of fun too, i said that because at the very moment i am staring to there, i caught a glimpse of Dana, a smiling and mild blue-gray dolphin which is waving to me with her beak and making a noise that only she can make, an acute and shrill noise, sometimes i found myself thinking that it´s a kind of song that she love most, a sweet song that she learned at the lake with her mates and since then, never once stopped to sing, it´s a good one to soothe and relax the soul, Dana it’s the youngest at her group, very young, but mild as anyone and that seems always know when someone here at the green heaven need some lovely words, even that sometimes awkwardly. Dana stock her glare on me, with her mouth half-open and her head tucked out on the water, i look at her, smile, give a nod and she come back to play with her another friends dolphins.

Up here on that slope, with an exceptional sight to almost all the valley and the animals, the youngest as Dana, playing and bathing and the eldest and responsible, going about their business, seeing and reassuring me that our place it’s a prosperous and divine, each day that pass by me, i always keep telling me that as well as all the others, i am a blessed animal too, that God always give to us the means to survive, our food, our shelter, one another as mates and brothers and that´s far more than i ever could expect all my life, but my worries…

As if answer, the wind started to move on, but this time heavier and louder, swaying my golden mane and ringing in my ears, i have to pause a moment, close my eyes again, put my head down slightly and step back just to resist the sudden impact, I think it lasted some minutes, and when it was done, I put my head up, wondered and aback at the same time.

He started to pray.

My dear God;

Only the almighty and creator of all the beings, all the creatures, sky and earth both, can bring upon us, his cloak of peace, wisdom, faith, good, hope and love, stay with us, honor us with your blessings and gentle heart, because only you father it’s the compassioned God that make us persist when at pain, smile when crying, and with hope when there´s no one exit or way…

Melly hesitated

My God, give me too my answers, the answers that i so heartily await, please, put my heart and mind on ease, so that I can speak with wisdom and figure out your plans, that are so sensible and correct for us, now and forever.

Amen.

-hi Melly, are you unwell?

Melly couldn´t help to get aback with that encounter, as usual, Cam-Lory always would prefer stay alone, exactly at the same position she was right now, perched up at the high limb of one tree, taking a snap or staring for long hours at the horizon, seeing the others playing and getting an watch at every two days at nights with those wide open black eyes of hers, it was very few times that she would come to speak personally, face-to-face with Melly, but, despite the surprise, Melly was happy too, because he liked to much Cam-Lory, she and all the others animals, each one with their different ways of dialogues, laughter, approach and daily intimacy, well, that´s a true family.