CHAPTER 2: MIRANDA'S WARNING

Ella was just about to climb out of the carriage when her mother took her from her wrist and made her sit again. She said ''Now you listen to me, I want you to keep your head low and most importantly I don't want to see you using your powers. I don't like the things that happen afterwards. Do you understand me?'' she asked Ella grimly.

''Yes mother'' Ella replied quietly looking down at her hands.

Yes. Powers. It was a special bloodline that ruled the different parts of the world. King Desmond his brother and their wives were descendants of that special bloodline and those powers came from parents to children.

Queen Miranda climbed out of the carriage followed by Ella. Ella saw her brothers and father talking to a man. The man moved in their direction, he took queen Miranda's hand and kissed it and did the same with Ella.

''Long time no see, Elbert.'' Queen Miranda said with a smile.

''Work has tied me head to foot, my lady, I barely have time to see my own reflection in the mirror.'' the man replied humbly.

''You might not have met, but this is my daughter, princess Ella, she is here for the first time'' the Queen said looking at Ella.

Elbert turned in Ella's direction blinking hard as though he couldn't believe what he was watching. But he took control of his expressions and smiled at her saying '' I am very pleased to meet you young mistress. Now look at you, all grown up.''

Then he turned to everyone and said ''Now please if you will follow me King Raymond and his family must be waiting for you.''

''Queen Harriet really knows how to keep this place safe from any harm.'' Elbert said standing by a rock embeded in soil. He took off a string around his neck with some kind of tablet hanging from it and waved it in mid air in front of him. Ella did not know what was he doing until she noticed something focusing in her vision and she gasped at the sight of it. There was a marvelous palace taking form in front of her. Of course she knew and have seen magic but none of them she witnessed came near this one. Queen Harriet really was someone.

''Beautiful.'' words fell from her mouth unexpectedly.

''Yes, it is very beautiful'' Elbert added his sentence.

The palace was a sight to behold. Ten small fountains ran in front of the palace in middle of the beautiful garden. There were ten statues on each side of the walking path and each statue was surrounded by tulips of red, yellow, white and purple color. And behind the garden was the magnificent palace. The walls were white and the roof was of deep blue color. There were about the same number of windows as in her home palace from where people could be seen moving here and there.