CHAPTER 13: QUESTIONING

Ella woke up the next day feeling a bit woozy and with a light headache. She wrote a letter to Nate and apologized him for not arriving last night and went down for breakfast with Aston, as everyone was already at the table for breakfast.

''You said you will be up early this morning for the training, why this much late?'' James asked the first question as Ella sat down in her chair.

''I think I was a bit more tired than I realized.'' Ella replied grabbing a glass of fresh mango juice. ''But don't worry, as soon as I'm finished with breakfast I'll resume from where I stopped.''

''I think you should not start your training this early, its really hot outside and your work will be  energy consuming.'' Queen Harriet advised Ella. ''You better start it after noon.''

Ella thought about it for a moment then nodded in agreement. ''I want to spend some time in the library, I'll see you all later.'' Ella said swallowing the last bite of her bread and got up from her seat and left the table.

''Amber please accompany Ella to the library.'' King Raymond asked her daughter who nodded and followed Ella to the library.  The door of the library opened and Ella was engulfed by the smell of parchments and books. The library was huge with thousands of books in each row. Every row had books of its own topic.

''Nice...'' Ella remarked.

''So, you like reading books, huh?'' Amber asked Ella.

''No, not really. I like to read history books. Will you show me the correct row?'' Ella turned to Amber.

''Follow me, Ella.'' she said and walked to the third row of the books. ''Choose the one you like the best.''

Ella searched for some time and finally settled on a book with brown cover and the title was written in gold which read ''Three Most Powerful Kingdoms'' 

'Three? I thought there are only two most powerful kingdoms that rule over the other smaller kingdoms and that's only of my father King Desmond and my uncle King Raymond.'

''Alright I choose you.'' she said and pulled the book out of the shelf and walked to the nearest table and settled down.

As she sat in her seat her brothers and Eric entered the library, but Ella payed no attention to them and started with her book. They all came and sat beside her and Amber. After a few moments a servant came to the library and gave Ella a letter which was addressed to her. She opened the letter and started reading, it was from David.

Dear Ella,

                     We reached home at dawn today. I hope you had a peaceful night, there is nothing much to tell you but I'd like you to visit my place. I hope you will consider my invitation, I really enjoyed your company. Take care.

Yours truly,

David.

''Who's the letter from?'' James asked her leaning in to see some words from the page.

''It's from David.''  she replied picking up a parchment to write the reply as there were a lot of papers available in the library.

''David? Lord Peter's son? What does he have to say?'' Aston asked.

''Just saying 'Hi'. Ella replied nonchalantly, scribbling on the paper.

Dear David,

                      I am fine and hope you reached back safely. I really enjoyed your presence too and as for visiting your place, I will ask my father so that he may arrange everything. Looking forward to see you again.''