CHAPTER 19: TULIPS

Three weeks after the last meeting with Nate, one day Ella was in her room thinking how far she had come, from a weak crying Ella to a strong one who could do anything, from destruction to healing. But she decided that she will use her powers only to spread happiness. If someone's source of happiness was hurt she would heal it.

There was a knock on her door, she was pulled out of her thoughts. She turned around to see who it was and saw James and Aston in the door way. ''What is it?'' she asked.

''We've just come to inform you that we will be leaving for home tomorrow, so you better start packing.'' Aston told her.

''Tomorrow? What time?'' Ella asked.

''Evening.'' James replied.

''Alright, I better get Janet to help me in packing.'' she said to her brothers and left the room. She went down in the kitchen to check if she was there. ''Molly, where is Janet?'' she asked a maid who was washing the dishes.

''She went in the garden to pick fresh fruits, Princess Ella.'' Molly replied.

Ella went down in the garden and quickly found Janet who was picking blueberries from a bush. ''Janet, I need help in packing.'' she said to Janet approaching her.

''Alright My Lady, I'll call other maids as well.'' she said.

''Fine, I'll be waiting in my room.'' Ella said and left.

Ella entered her room and the first thing she saw caught her attention. There, on her study table were some white tulips tied with a string and just near it was a pale parchment. She went over her table and frowned thinking who could have sent tulips and letter to her. She picked up the paper and started reading.

Dear Ella,

                    As you are leaving tomorrow I thought I should meet you privately, so that we can spend some time quietly together. Come to the garden as soon as you read the letter, you will see a special thing just follow it.

P.S: Keep the tulips as a humble gift.

yours only,

N.

Ella smiled when she saw the last alphabet,  but she found it odd that why would Nate send her a letter so openly. Shrugging, she thought Thomas must have placed it here and forgot to mention. There was a knock on her door, Janet came in and said ''My Lady we are here to pack.'' and four maids came in behind her.

''Alright, you start packing, I have to meet someone.'' she said and left the room.

She went in the royal hall and met Amber in the way, ''Hey, where are you going in such a hurry?'' she asked her.

''Oh, Aston said to meet him, just going to him.'' she lied hurriedly.

''Okay.'' she said and went on her way.

She looked around to see what special thing she was supposed to follow. Then she saw a pink tulip, it was no ordinary one, it emitted bright pink light, and the tulip was floating in midair. She ran towards it, as though the tulip knew Ella was following it, it started to float away from her and Ella kept following it. She entered the woods chasing the tulip, she went deeper and deeper in the woods behind the shining flower.

Finally it started slowing down when Ella reached it, it had fallen on the ground. Ella bent down and picked the flower up and admired its glittering shine. When Ella stood up she saw someone's back facing her.

*****

Aston came down in the royal hall after taking a long bath, he saw Thomas and Amber sitting in chairs, Amber was reading a book to Thomas and he was taking notes from it.

''What are the two of you doing?'' he asked taking a chair beside Thomas.

''What are you doing here?'' Amber asked.

''What do you mean, what am I doing here?'' he asked back.

''You were supposed to be with Ella! She went out to meet you!'' Amber said annoyed thinking that Aston was joking. 

''What? I didn't ask her to meet me. I could have spoken to her myself.'' Aston said furrowing his eyebrows.

''What? You didn't? But-'' Amber's sentence dropped in the middle when Thomas spoke.

''WHAT THE HELL!'' Thomas said frantically jumping up from his seat. ''Where did she go? Did you see her going in any direction?'' he asked Amber, but she shook her head.

''Oh did someone trick her?'' Amber said worriedly. ''Oh NO no no no no! What if he tricked her!'' Amber said clamping her hands over her mouth.

''You two inform our parents and I'll go look for her.'' Thomas said and left the palace.

''What if something happens to her?'' Aston said anxiously as he and Amber went to the kings and queens.

''Don't worry she is strong, nothing can happen to her, I pray.'' Amber tried to comfort her brother.

*****

As the man turned around, Ella saw his face. He was not Nate. 'Oh no! I was tricked!' the voice in her head screamed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Aghhhh!! I can't wait to tell you what'll happen next!!

By the way sorry for the short chapter. But I had to write 

something.