CHAPTER 25: SURPRISE!

The ride back home, Ella kept taking deep breaths and tried to calm herself. But her hands just won't stop shaking. Well everyone else in the carriage slept, she thought about the fate of the people back in kingdom Regulus. 

''Oh god. What is happening?'' Ella whispered putting her hands in her head.

''Are you alright? Is something wrong, Ella?'' Thomas asked and Ella suddenly looked at him.

''Y-Yes, I'm fine.'' she stuttered.

''You're shaking.'' he said and took off his travelling cloak and wrapped it around her shoulders.

''Is it because of what happened back at the palace?'' he asked in a whisper.

''No, I think I'm not feeling well.'' she said rubbing her hands.

They reached kingdom Vyamar early in the morning. The rest of them were really hungry, they dug into their food while their parents asked them about the wedding, but Ella just sat there, her hands in her lap and stared at her full plate. Not even moving a fiber in her body.

''.....Right, Ella?'' Aston asked her something which she did not hear.

''Hm?'' she looked up. ''Did you ask something?''

''Are you all right, Ella?'' her father spoke in a worried tone. ''You look pale. You have not even touched your food.''

''I'm sorry. I'm not well, I think I should retire.'' she said and got up and went to her. She locked the room and without changing her clothes she got into her bed and closed her eyes tightly while tears streamed down her face.

Three days passed like that and the kingdom Regulus' and Draconis' kings' and queens' news of death spread like fire in the whole world and that they were killed by Xavier. Of course Ella heard about it and never came out of her room. The third day when her father and uncle came back from the royals' funeral, Ella changed her clothes and went to meet her father, while clutching the letter tightly in her hand.

From the palace's window, she saw him standing outside in the garden with her mother. With shaking steps she exited the palace and walked where the two of them were standing. They were talking in hushed voices. Seeing her coming, her mother became quiet.

She stood behind her father and tugged his sleeve to catch his attention. He turned around and at his pale daughter, he spoke, ''Ella, you don't look good. I think you should visit the healer.''

 She weakly shook her head and spoke, ''F-Father, I w-want to talk t-to you.''

''What is it?'' he asked concerned.

''Father, I-I did something b-bad.'' she started to cry.

''What's wrong, Ella? Tell me, I'm listening.'' he said gently grabbing her face.

''Not here.'' she whispered referring to her mother.

''Miranda I'll see you later.'' he said and Queen Miranda nodded watching her daughter closely. He took Ella to the conference room, which was empty at the moment. ''Now tell me what's wrong.''

''I-I knew it was going to happen. But I did nothing, I thought I was protecting everyone but now it's eating me from the inside!'' she sobbed in her hands.

''You knew what, Ella?'' King Desmond asked carefully.

''I knew Xavier was coming for them.'' she looked at her father with tear stained face. Her father remained silent. He did not believe his ears.

''You knew?'' he asked quietly. ''What the hell have you done, Ella.'' he said frustrated. ''Did you talk to him?'' after a while of silence he asked. Ella nodded in reply.

''ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR DAMN MIND?!'' he roared getting up from his seat, which toppled over the floor. Ella flinched, as she had never seen this side of her father before. ''HERE WE ARE TRYING TO PROTECT YOU FROM HARM, AND YOU ARE CHATTING TO THE WRETCH MAN HIMSELF!'' He shouted more which made her cry harder.

 ''They were planning to rebel against us! I did what I think was right!'' Ella tried explaining herself.

''What's going on in here?'' The door of conference room opened and King Raymond and Queen Miranda walked in.

''What rebel?'' he asked Ella ignoring the new party.

''I found a letter in a study room before the ceremony started.'' Ella said rubbing the tears off her cheeks. She handed the folded paper to her father. He took it and went through the letter. After a while, he sat in one of the chairs tiredly and passed the letter to his brother.

''I asked him not to hurt anyone else.'' Ella said quietly looking down at her hands.

''What you did, is still wrong, Ella.'' her father spoke in a scolding manner.

''What if he had hurt more people, then?'' Ella asked. King Desmond rubbed his face and did not reply his daughter.

*** *** ***

The kings and queens decided to keep the matter to themselves and not tell their children about it. But little did Ella know that the watch on her had become more strict than usual. Her mother kept someone at her tail all the time or  kept an eye on her daughter her self.

After two days Ella got a letter from Nate, then again they started meeting in the woods but this time Thomas was unaware of it. Every time someone asked her where she was going she simply replied 'A walk in the woods.' Ella told Nate everything, who in turn scolded her and to be careful next time.   

Some days later all the boys and the kings decided to go on a hunting trip of four days, so they started packing for their little trip. Now there were only Amber, Ella, Queen Miranda and Queen Harriet, who was still in bed, in the palace. 

But as the days passed Queen Miranda started doubting Ella. One day she decided to follow her. Ella was getting ready to meet Nate as usual, she left the palace and headed for the woods. Queen Miranda quietly slipped out of the palace after Ella. She kept following her from some distance and when Ella stopped, she hid behind a tree. Then she heard voices,

Someone was with Ella, she quietly peeked from behind the tree and her eyes went wide open in shock when she saw who it was.... Nathaniel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats gonna happen! Whats gonna happen! 

I just can't wait to tell you! 

Aghhhhh God please help me to handle this secret!

But all good things to those who wait ;)

But the thing is there is no good thing. And one more thing

 for the old readers, I have changed Alexavier's name to Xavier. 

So don't forget to vote or comment! All the love! <3<3<3