CHAPTER 31: FACING THE PAST

''So that's how its gonna be, so be it.'' Nathaniel said.

Ella looked at Nathaniel with blank expression, waiting for him to say something. After some time a random and strange image crossed her mind, a piece of memory she had never heard of or seen before, then just like that another picture came in her mind.

''What's happening?'' Ella asked in both confusion and fear.

''I'm sharing some of my important memories with you all which hold all the answers.'' Nathaniel replied. ''Don't close your mind, let it flow.'' he said.

''You've learnt the memory sharing part?!'' Thomas said as though betrayed by Nathaniel, then he shook his head, ''Always a step ahead.''

By the time, as though it was raining images in Ella's mind. ''I'm going to show you everything from the start to end.'' Nathaniel's voice came from somewhere.

*** PAST ***

Ella found herself standing in an unknown wide corridor, the walls of which were covered with beautiful paintings. Then she heard hurried footsteps from somewhere near her, she turned around and saw a young boy around the age fifteen pacing in the corridor. It was a fifteen years old Nathaniel.

Then Ella heard a door opening and then closing in the same corridor, she looked at the source of sound and saw a man come out of the room holding a small blanket carefully as though it was a priceless gem. The man looked exactly like Nathaniel but the difference was that the man had black hair and brown eyes.

''Is mother alright, father?'' young Nathaniel asked anxiously.

'Father...' Ella thought to herself. 'So this is my real father.' and a tear slipped down her face as emotions over came her. She walked closer to the older man to take a clear look.

''She's fine, Nathaniel.'' King Edmund replied with a smile and Nathaniel took a sigh of relief.

''Is it a boy or girl?'' Nathaniel asked looking at the blanket in his father's hand.

''Meet your baby sister Nathaniel.'' King Edmund replied and gently handed the blanket to his son. He took hold of the blanket extra carefully and looked at the small beautiful baby wrapped inside it. Nathaniel smiled lovingly at the small bundle of joy and kissed his new born sister softly.

''She's beautiful. Have you thought of a name yet?'' he asked looking up at his father.

''No, haven't decided yet.'' his father replied.

''Can I name her, father?'' he asked.

''Of course you can, after all you are a big brother now. You will have extra responsibilities.'' King Edmund replied.

''She is beautiful, just like fairy. Lets call her Ella.'' Nathaniel said cradling the baby Ella in his arms.

 ''A fair and good name you chose for her.'' King Edmund replied. ''You should get ready now, your cousins will be arriving soon.''

*** *** ***

After sometime Nathaniel received King Raymond's and King Desmond's family. Eric and Aston were about five, Thomas was thirteen, James twelve and Amber fourteen. Ella looked at the young forms of her cousins and wrinkle less and much more active forms of the Kings and Queens. All the teenagers were in their full growing age and the kid forms of Eric and Aston were adorable. 

''So what is it then?'' Thomas asked Nathaniel with a broad grin on his face.

''Its a Prin-'' Nathaniel paused for a moment to build up suspense and then breathed out, ''cess.''

''Whoa congratulations 'Big Brother.' '' Thomas and James patted Nathaniel's back. Nathaniel looked at Amber for her response. She smiled shyly and said, ''Congratulations. Did you name her yet?''

''Yes, I named her Ella.'' Nathaniel replied emphasizing on the 'I' with a cheeky smile showing off his dimples, Amber blushed and looked away quickly.

''Where is my happy brother?'' King Desmond asked coming forward.

''Mother and father are still in the healing chamber, that's why I'm here to receive you. Let's go inside so you all can meet them and get fresh.'' Nathaniel said leading them inside the palace.

It was the most beautiful palace Ella had ever seen in her entire life. It was spread over a large area. Its walls were pale yellow while the top was painted a deep dark blue. There was a sea of the same color of blue as the palace's top on the left side of the palace. While on the front were uncountable fruit and shady trees. The birds chirped and hopped merrily on the friendly branches of green trees and as for the flowers, there were a lot of them, she didn't even recognize the most of them.

They all went inside and Nathaniel took them to the same corridor from where the memory started, he knocked on the door and opened it. Ella entered after everyone and saw that there was a beautiful woman laying on a king size bed that was in the center of the room. Her beauty was so enchanting that the day light coming from the windows seemed dim in her presence.

''Mother, everyone is here.'' Nathaniel said to the woman.

'Mother. She is my mother, she's so pretty. My mother is so beautiful.' Ella thought with an awed expression.

Queen Audrey had the same features like Ella. Her soft skin, blue eyes and brown hair were as though screaming the word 'innocent'. ''Let them come in.'' she replied in her honey voice. 

Then darkness started to swallow Ella into itself. And then after some time, piercing bright light collided with her eyes, she covered her eyes with her hands and tried to get used to the light, then she heard some voices,

''....She is only a month old and she's grown very fond of you.'' her mother was saying as she cradled little Ella in her arms while talking to Nathaniel.

''I think I have grown very fond of her.'' he replied.     

"I'm so glad that you love your sister. I know it was risky sweetheart, but your father and I couldn't bear to see you bore and dull." She said to her son.

"Its okay mother. And why won't I like her? She is beautiful and innocent, just like you." He said while caressing the cheek of his sleeping little sister. "Well, I should go now, gotta help father now." He said, kissed his mother and left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys the past is not over  yet, you've

got a long way to go and a lot of things

to learn about Ella and Nathaniel. I'll just 

wish you good luck with that. And thank 

you so much for reading my story and double

thank you that you like it.