CHAPTER 29: TRUTH

After all the activity that took place in the royal hall, Ella was in her room standing in the balcony thinking to herself. She never asked anyone why they all overreacted on Nate's arrival and why she wasn't supposed to meet him because it was not the right time to ask anyone after what had happened. Then a thought came in her mind, 

'I hope David is all right.' Then she went to the desk that was placed in a corner of the room. She picked a parchment and started to write a letter to him. After giving it to a servant to be delivered, she went back to her room. After a while there was a knock on her door.

''Come in.'' she called out.

It was her father, King Desmond. Ella took a sigh of relief when she saw him. ''Were you expecting someone else?'' King Desmond asked when he saw Ella's relieved expressions.

''No, I wasn't.'' she replied truthfully. ''You want to talk about something, father?'' she asked even though she knew he was here to talk about something.

''Yes, actually I would like to know why didn't you tell me first that you met that person?'' her father replied walking up to her going straight to the point. ''Tell me everything from the start to the end, truthfully.''

Ella thought it would not be good to hide anything from her father, but what about the training?Thomas was with her, if she will tell about the training she will have to tell about Thomas too. So she thought it was better to shut her mouth about that part and talk about it with Thomas afterwards.

''Well... Alright, I guess. It all started at the ball night. Eric and I had a small quarrel so I left the castle. After walking for some time I met him.'' she started to tell everything.

''The time when you went missing?'' King Desmond asked, Ella nodded.

''Then after that,'' Ella continued, ''We started to  see each other a lot, when ever I was in trouble or going through some difficult situations he always helped me out of it.''

''Did you ever write letters to each other?'' he asked.

''Yes, we did. In the form of paper birds.'' Ella replied.

''Did you ever meet him somewhere at the home palace?'' King Desmond popped another question.

''Yes, when I had cut off connections with everyone, I used to talk to him at the old building in our meadow.'' Ella replied.

''What did the two of you discuss? Did you by any means tell him anything about our plans and strategies?'' he asked.

''No, we always talked about random stuff and he kept helping me with the bad situations.'' she replied.

''Ella, why didn't you tell me? Did you not trust me?'' her father said.

''No father, its not like that. When I first met him I noticed that we had many similarities, he was not allowed to tell anything about him except his name and I was forbidden to do a lot of things. He asked me not to tell anyone about our meetings. I truly respect him that's why I kept the promise we made, to not to tell anyone about us.'' Ella told everything to her father.

He sighed and said, ''I'm glad that you did not discuss anything about the Kingdom with him. Thank you Ella for telling me everything truthfully.'' he said and turned to leave.

''Father, wait. Now that I have told you everything don't you think you owe me something? I want to know what Nate did that you all are so mad at him and ready to kill him at first sight.'' Ella said crossing her arms over her chest.

''I know, I plan to tell you everything, I can't keep it to myself anymore. You just promise me one thing, stay away from that person. Promise me that.'' her father said determinedly.

''I can't do that, father. He helped me a lot, I just can't do it.'' Ella replied looking away from her father.

''You will change your mind after some time.'' he said and left the room.

*** *** ***

It was night, Ella ate her supper in her room because she did not want to face anyone. She went to the bathroom before going to bed. When she came out of the bathroom into her room she noticed that she wasn't alone, she felt someone's presence. She looked around the room but nobody was there, then she looked out at the balcony and there was the same person with jet black hair, his back was facing Ella.

For some reason Ella did not freak out to see a stranger in her room.

''What do you want?'' Ella asked standing in the doorway of the balcony.

''Nothing, just came to see what you were doing.'' he replied calmly.

''What I do is non of your business, just simply tell me what do you want.'' Ella replied crossing her arms over her chest.

''Trust me, I want nothing else but you.'' he replied turning to face Ella.

''Look don't try to pick up a fight with me, I'm not in a good mood. There is a lot stuff going on in my life and I'm stressed at the moment, so just leave me alone.'' Ella said turning away from Xavier.

''I am planning to leave at the moment now that I have seen you, but if you want to get rid of your stress or more like if you want to know the truth, go down in the royal hall and hear what they are discussing at the moment. Travel to North after whatever you hear.'' with that the same black fog surrounded him and he just vanished.

Ella frowned at what he had said but decided to give it a try. She quietly left her room and made her way to the royal hall. She did not want anyone to see her so she decided to stay hidden. So when she was about to enter the royal hall she hid behind a the side wall and started to concentrate on the voices.

''....Desmond isn't it too early to tell her that?'' King Raymond was talking to his brother.

''I have decided it Raymond, the more we hide it from her the more dangerous it is.'' King Desmond replied.

''I think we should wait for some time.'' Queen Harriet suggested.

''Well, what ever you do Desmond, just make sure it doesn't turn out to be a mess.'' Queen Miranda spoke.

''What?! Aunt Miranda you can't just agree to it! Think about how she will take the news!'' Thomas spoke.

''Well, I have to make sure that bastard doesn't come near her again.'' James said.

''I agree with him.'' Aston said.

''Desmond you just can't go and tell her that Nate or Nathaniel whatever he told his name; is her actual brother and he murdered their parents! Just think...'' Queen Miranda was saying.

'Nate is... my brother? No... it's not true! It just can't be true!' and then non of the voices from the hall reached her as she decided to enter the hall herself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was dying to tell you all this part

of the story. I can't believe I finally reached

this chapter. Look guys just whatever happens

don't hate Nate I just love this character of 

my story very much. Thank you for reading

my story and supporting me all this time.

I love you all very much. Don't forget to vote,

comment or follow. All the love!