CHAPTER 34: FAMILY

(A/N: Where ever you see bold writing just know this that Ella and Nathaniel are speaking in their family's secret language)

Slowly the visions of the past started to blur in Ella's mind and her eyes were starting to focus on present. She looked around herself and saw that everyone's eyes were moving between Nathaniel and Thomas. 

Then she felt something trickling down her cheeks, she quickly wiped the tears which were forced to come out on watching her true family's past.

Now she knew the reason why she and her brother were forced to live a lie, all of this had to happen for her and her relatives sake. Now she knew why Nathaniel was so concerned about her training, he was concerned about her own safety.

She looked at Thomas, who was looking at the floor and spoke, ''After all this time, you knew everything so why didn't you tell anyone?''

''We made the blood bond , Ella.'' he spoke still looking at the floor. ''If I had said anything about this to anyone, then Nathaniel and I would have died.''

Then she looked at her brother who was leaning against a wall and staring at a candle on the candle stand, his eyebrows furrowed as though staring at a burning candle was the most interesting thing to do.

''Why didn't you tell me? We met, like, uncountable times.'' Ella spoke not daring to walk towards him.

''I was afraid.'' he spoke not lifting his gaze from the burning candle. ''Afraid that I might lose you again. I was really surprised and shocked when you first told me your name.'' he paused for a moment. ''I spent all the years after the incident thinking that I will never see you again. But when I saw you that night, it seemed, a ray of hope had shone upon me suddenly out of nowhere.'' 

Now Ella felt angry, not at anyone but at herself. She thought if she was not born none of this would have happened. Nathaniel would have been living his life happily without any sorrow. Her birth cost him his crown. Thinking of all the troubles her birth had caused she took a step towards Nathaniel, who for the first time looked back at her. 

After taking a few steps she spoke, ''Hey, I'm sorry...'' she paused for a moment. ''For reacting like that, I shouldn't have behaved like that, I should have listened to Thomas and not have jumped to conclusions like that. I should have understood this that you might have your own reasons. I'm sorry.'' she whispered the last words staring at the floor not being able to look in Nathaniel's eyes.

''Don't say anything like that, I'm already feeling bad and it makes everything worse. I should be the one apologizing, not you. I am the one who ruined your life, I am the reason you never got your mother's love. I just deserve to die a painful death.'' Nathaniel spoke.

''No, don't say that!'' Ella spoke, ''You made my life ten times worth living and it doesn't matter if I never got my mother's love. At least now I know who my real parents were and how much they loved me.'' Ella spoke as tears filled her eyes. ''And you don't deserve to die, we deserve to live the happy life for which our parents sacrificed themselves for, we both deserve to rule our kingdom side by side.''

Everyone just looked at the brother and sister speaking in a language they couldn't understand. Nathaniel gave a weak smile to his sister and exhaled a big sigh, ''So... it means you forgive me and we can be the same people just like the old days?''

''Forgive you?'' Ella spoke confused, ''You were never at fault and we are the same people.'' Ella smiled at him.

Then they looked at the rest of the royals present in the hall, just then Queen Harriet decided to speak while everyone else was dumb fond and at lost of words, ''Nathaniel, I must say that we all owe you an apology-'' she was in the middle of her sentence when Nathaniel spoke.

''Please don't say any sorry's or apologies, I hurt you all in the same way as I hurt my sister and I can't even say it was done unintentionally. I am sorry for not telling you all about... I was forced to choose between the only things I live for. No matter how much you love the things around you, one day you have to leave them no matter what. And I won't forgive myself for what I did.'' 

''We can't live if we carry our past on our backs as a burden. All we can do is, learn from it.'' King Desmond spoke.

''Thank you for taking care of my sister, un-'' Nathaniel stopped in mid sentence.

''Uncle Desmond.'' King Desmond finished the sentence for his nephew. ''From now on, no matter what you think, Ella, you are still my daughter and no one can change that.'' he said looking at Ella.

With tearful eyes she walked towards King Desmond and hugged him tightly, ''No matter what happens I am your daughter and Aston and James are my brothers, no one can change that fact.'' she sobbed in her father's/uncle's shoulder and he patted her back.

''If you all want to stay here its fine with me.'' Nathaniel spoke awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

''Nathaniel, I think that it will be better that we all return to our palaces. We all left in a hurry so the protection is weak, at least of my palace.'' King Raymond spoke.

''He is right.'' Queen Harriet spoke. ''We better leave.'' 

Nathaniel nodded and turned to Ella. ''Before you go, I want to tell you something.'' Then he spoke in a whisper so that no one else but Ella could hear him. ''I am thinking that we should go to our own palace someday.''

''Really?! I cat wait! When are we leaving? Can we leave right now?'' Ella asked excitedly.

Nathaniel laughed at Ella's liveliness and said, ''Not now. Go to your palace and wait for my arrival, I will take you with me. Then after some preparations we will call the other kingdoms too. And then after that, we will rule our Kingdom. Just like our parents said.''

Ella nodded and hugged her brother tightly, and spoke, ''We may be torn apart by our fate, but we are still a family.'' 

Then everyone said goodbye to, now a Nathaniel free of any accusation and made their way towards their homes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm sorry if I wrote complete shit

in this chapter. I know you would like to

kill me for wasting your time but still, I had

to write something though! So please lower

your daggers *waves white flag for peace*

and cope with me. I promise to try to write 

a good chapter next time. So. Give. Me. A. Chance!

I demand it, you know... in a good way. Alright I 

understand I'm wasting your time. Sorry.

Please vote, comment or follow.

P.S: Please tell me if anyone of you is Naruto anime fan

because I'm really obsessed with that anime. Please do

enlighten me if anyone is a fan.