CHAPTER 28: PAIN FELT FOR A LOVED ONE

The front doors of the palace burst open revealing a really, really angry Nate. He looked around at the people standing in the royal hall. Finally his eyes fell on Queen Miranda and his anger hit the boiling point. The temperature of the royal hall -no, the temperature of the entire palace-  started rising, it was so hot that the extinguished candles in the candle stands started melting. Finally King Raymond spoke solemnly,

''Why are you here, Nathaniel? Have you forgotten about the oath we took? To kill you at first sight.'' 

''Where is she?'' Nate spoke taking his eyes off Queen Miranda for the first time, who was frozen at the spot.

''Do you think we will tell you? After what you did to her, we have only one wish, to kill you.'' Aston spoke up.

''Don't jump in the matters you don't understand, kid. And as for killing all of you are aware it is not possible, you know who is the strongest.'' Nate replied not even looking at Aston. Then he turned to Queen Miranda, ''Now, tell me where is she and what did you do to her before I burn this place down to ashes.''

For a moment nobody spoke anything, it was the aura around Nate that nobody dared to move from their place.

''Sh-She is in her room.'' Amber stuttered unexpectedly. Everyone turned to look at Amber, Nate's anger softened a bit when he looked at the source of voice.

''Very well, lead the way.'' Nate said politely. Amber started to walk up the stairs towards Ella's room and Nate followed behind her.

He entered the room and walked up to Ella who was sleeping, her hands were free from the ice now but they were still cold, her clothes were the same through which her wounded back was visible as she was laying on her side and her room was the same, meaning not cleaned after her last punishment.

His heart started to burn in pain and anger when he looked at Ella's wounded body, he caressed her cheek gently with his thumb and Ella slowly opened her eyes.

''Hey Little Princess, are you okay?'' he said softly.

''Nate.'' Ella smiled. Then she frowned, ''Nate?'' Then her eyes went wide open in shock, ''Nate?! What are you doing here?!'' Ella said sitting up but winced as the pain shot through her body.

''You called me here, silly. Now, who did this to you? Tell me, Ella.'' he asked with a serious expression.

''You don't have to worry, its over. Everything is fine now.'' Ella said trying to cover up.

''I'm not good at healing like you but still... Get up I need to heal you.'' he said taking Ella gently by arms and lifting her up, she slowly turned around so that her back was facing Nate. 

Anger boiled up in him when he saw the marks of whip on her. He gently touched her back and started whispering enchantments slowly the wounds started to heal themselves. Nate continued till there was not even a single mark on her back. Then he walked out of the room, after some time Ella heard him yell Janet's name.

''JANET!'' Nate yelled as he stood on the top of the stairs. A trembling and pale figure of Janet appeared from the kitchen.

''Y- Yes Your Highness?'' she spoke still trembling.

''Come up here and help her in dressing up.'' he commanded. Janet shakily look at Queen Harriet who nodded so lightly that no one except Janet noticed. Then she walked up the stairs after Nathaniel to Ella's room.

Janet picked up a random dress and helped Ella wearing it while Nate stood outside the room. When Ella was ready he walked in the room and stood in front of Ella and spoke.

''I want to give you something. Something that I should have given to you on our first meeting.'' then he pulled out something from his pocket. It was a beautiful necklace with a sapphire stone which sparkled like Ella's blue eyes, numerous diamonds were carved on the sapphire in a beautiful swirling style.