CHAPTER 21: PROMISE

They arrived at King Desmond's palace the same night. Ella got out of the carriage and went straight to her room without even looking at anyone. 

Days started to pass, Ella talked neither to her mother nor to her brothers, she only talked to her father if she wanted to and exchanged letters with David. James and Aston gave up on her when she didn't even reply simple things like 'Why don't you come in the garden with us?' Ella started to spend most of the time locked up in her room and didn't arrive at the meals.

James asked her why she doesn't arrive at the meals she didn't reply him as though he didn't exist. But when her father asked the same question she said, ''I don't feel hungry now a days or sleep, if I need something to eat I'll go to the kitchen myself.''

 After sometime she started to write letters to Nate and explained him the small encounter with Xavier and the present situation. He told her not to worry and everything will be fine.

But something inside told her nothing was fine and it is not going to be fine in the future either. To try to convince her that everything will turn to normal and he was with her, Nate started to meet Ella secretly in the meadow by the stables at her palace. There was an old building in the meadow where they had their secret rendezvous. She once asked him if it was difficult for him to travel here from wherever he lived, but he said it was no problem at all. Ella still felt some hope in the corner of her hopeless heart when she saw Nate.

One day while the secret meeting with Nate, Ella said, ''Nate, I have lost trust in all of them. I think even in Thomas.'' Ella told Nate everything, while she was not talking to anyone, she had confided Nate with everything. Everything about her.

''You should say nothing like that. After all, they are your family Ella.'' he had told her.

''I know, but the way they used to act around me... Oh, I don't know how to put this!'' she said placing her head in her hands in frustration. ''You just promise me one thing Nate.''

''Anything.'' he replied replied confidently.

''You won't betray me like them, you won't leave me in the middle of nowhere like they left me.'' she said seriously.

Nate said nothing for a short time, he looked in Ella's eyes with so much intensity as though everything surrounding them don't exist. Then finally he took Ella's hands in his' and pressed them to his lips and said, ''I promise, not as an act of friend but as an act of big brother.'' he smiled at her.

She didn't process his words in her brain because she did not want to. She was just too happy to know that someone was watching her back even if the world turned on her. She hugged Nate tightly never wanting to let him go because he was the only hope she could trust.

Promises, promises, promises ans some more promises. That was just it. Eric had told her that promises were meant to be broken and they did not know that the promises they were breaking were taking a tiny piece of her every time. It felt as though she was not living among people, it felt like being surrounded by lies.

Time was really not in the mood of waiting for anyone as it had been five months in the home palace now. Ella was still the same. She still did not come in the main hall for meals, she left her room only if she wanted to go to the kitchen or to meet Nate, her behavior with her brothers and mother remained parallel. She acted as though they never existed.

One day while she was in her room as usual, flying small objects around the room there was a knock on her door, she ignored it and kept doing what she found amusing. The door opened, she didn't even look up to see who it was and her father came in.

''Ella pack the most necessary things you need, we are going to your uncle's palace.'' he said ignoring her new behavior.

''Why are we going there again?'' she asked not taking her eyes off the floating perfume bottle.

''Queen Harriet is ill. She is very ill.'' he replied in a grim tone and left her in her room.

Ella got up and started packing some of the important stuff carelessly. After she had packed she called the servants to take away the the luggage. She went down to the carriage and sat quietly near the window. When her parents and brothers arrived they started their journey once again.

Ella closed her eyes and a single thought came in her mind, 'Here we go..... again'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm crying as the story is coming to end slowly.

I will miss my lovely characters so much!!

Comment the character's name you love the 

most so far, it can either by be their face features

or habits.