CHAPTER 30: PAIN OF THE PAST

Ella entered the hall on trembling feet, the moment she entered everyone became quiet, not even the fire burning in the candles dared to flick. Ella scanned the room with tearful eyes.

''Ella what are you doing here?'' King Raymond spoke.

''Father... What's going on?" Ella spoke in a shaky voice. Then she looked at James and Aston as though seeing them for the first time. They seemed like strangers... "Tell me its not true." She said shaking her head at her brothers as tears slipped down her face.

''Ella I was just about to tell you...'' King Desmond took a step forward but Ella backed away quickly.

''Why didn't you tell me from the start?'' Ella said turning to face King Desmond. '' Why did you make me live a lie? Did you not trust me? I don't even know what to call you.'' She said holding her head with her hands. Then she looked at James and Aston again, then she looked at everyone as though she was surrounded by a group strangers, she felt alone... and left out, ''Who are you?'' she spoke to all of them.

''Ella please calm down. We will tell you everything, just calm down.'' King Raymond spoke this time.

''What are you all to me? What am I doing here? Where are my real parents? How are you all related to me? Who am I?'' Ella asked all the questions at once. Everyone was quiet, nobody was ready to say anything.

''Tell me!'' Ella shouted.

''Fine, we'll tell you.'' King Desmond spoke. ''You were born to King Edmund and Queen Audrey rulers of the most powerful kingdom, Kingdom Eridanus. You are the second heiress after Nathaniel.''

''You mean that Nate is my brother and his real name is Nathaniel?'' Ella asked.

''Yes. Your mother Queen Audrey was Queen Miranda's and Queen Harriet's sister, and your father King Edmund was my and King Raymond's brother. You were only of two months when an accident took away your parents and you were brought to our palace by a maid.'' he told Ella about her past.

''What was the accident.'' Ella asked, but she dreaded the answer, she prayed that the words might change by a miracle and she won't have to hear the most horrible words.

But this time Nature was against her, ''Your brother was fifteen at the time, he had mastered everything in his base at a very young age which made him the strongest, we don't know the real reason, but he murdered your parents, we don't know how you survived or why did he spare you. But what I told you is your real past.'' King Desmond finished speaking and nobody said anything for sometime.

''I don't believe you, you don't have a proof.'' Ella broke the silence.

There was no answer from anyone, the same silence tried to answer her question. They all looked at each other as though Ella said that mangoes are red.

''Ella, by any chance have you ever heard him say something in another language?'' King Raymond was the one to speak this time.

Ella thought for a moment and played the moments of her with Nate in her mind. Then finally she remembered something. When she told him about Xavier's first appearance at the palace he had spoken two words, only two words in the language that only Ella could speak and the two words were 'What the'.

''He once spoke something in the language only I can speak.'' she said remembering everything from that day, how he had spoken that she doesn't have to worry about anything because he was always with her. 'How can someone lie so easily? And to to his own sister.' Ella thought to herself as more tears ran down her cheeks. 

''You see that is the proof. It is the language only the members of Eridanus family can speak.'' King Raymond spoke.

''But how can I speak a language that no one ever taught me? How is it possible.'' Ella said.