Fifty-One

Chapter 51-diary entry 19(still)

(continued..)

Applause began to play and I had a full out fangirl moment, along with the rest of the crowd. Gaga looked at me and winked many times during the performance, fueling my fangirl more and more.

Once it was intermission Peter led me up to the stage, and just behind the curtain where Gaga was waiting for me. "You ready?" She asked smiling. I nodded quickly. She handed me a piece of sheet music with "Hair" written across the top. We went and sat at the pianos that were positioned so that we were facing each other. "I'm so happy you're doing this with me." She said, her eyes starting to sparkle with tears. "I'm happy I get to do this with you." I replied. One of the stage managers stuck his head through the curtain, "One minute until curtain rise." He said. I felt butterflies form in my stomach, and positioned myself at my piano. I saw the curtain beginning to lift and the roar of the crowd was matched with thousand and thousands of little shaking bodies. Once the curtain was fully raised, gaga smiled out at the crowd and started her speech, "Tonight, I am happy to finally be able to properly introduce you to a very important person in my life," She started, looking over at me, "this is Amy." She began to play her piano, and I added in, paying close attention the the notes. She began to belt out the lyrics to hair and I felt the passion and excitement fill me, I'd add in randomly, singing a few words here and there. I hardly even paid attention to the crowd at first, just locked eyes with gaga. When the song was over I felt so happy and complete, it was the most amazing feeling ever. I looked out at the crowd all cheering, I saw the little formation of claws all through out the crowd, and never before have I felt so at home. Once the crowd calmed down Gaga looked over at me, "Amy, can you come sit with me for a moment?" She asked, patting her bench. I got up and sat next to her, staring into her eyes. "I want to sing a song to you," she started, looking down at her piano, lightly running her fingers over the keys, "because.. I love you Amy." She whispered, pressing down the first few keys of the song. "Corks off, it's on.." The first words came out of her mouth and my heart practically stopped. "I need YOU more than dope.."