Chapter 45: To Greg and Meg!

Draco feels nauseated as he comes closer and closer to his own file. Why doesn't he know who Hyperion is if he was born in the twentieth century? He realises he hasn't been paying attention when he reaches the end of the drawer and finds Hermione's file, which confuses him for a second. He heads back but he needn't go far as he finds it. Hyperion Malfoy.

He takes the file out of the drawer, placing it on top of the cabinet as he tries to steady his hands. However, the archive's door suddenly burst open. Quickly, Draco drops to the floor, grabbing the file on is way down.

"Mr Malfoy!" Mr Vyner's voice echoes around the archives.

Taking out his wand, he waves it above his head, shuddering as a cold sensation shivers down his spine. Having faith that it worked, he stands up. Draco can see Mr Vyner stood at the archives door, scanning every inch of the room, trying to find him. When his eyes ghost over him, he lets out a silent breath.

"It is not wise to hide from me, Mr Malfoy." He calls into the archives.

Quietly, Draco places the file in his jacket's inner pocket then makes his way towards the archives door, following the code to his filing cabinet in reverse.

"I'll give you to the count of five, Mr Malfoy and then you will severely regret even asking permission to enter my archives." He hisses.

Draco stops in his tracks wondering exactly what Mr Vyner is threatening him with. He's a child of the war. He doubts there's much he can do that Draco can't give back twice as severe if he wished.

"One." He starts.

However, if he starts going around cursing Ministry Officials, all his hard work to change people's perspective of him would all be for nothing.

"Two."

Taking out his wand, he stares at Mr Vyner. A simple stupefy and he would unconscious before he even hit the floor.

"Three."

Before he changes his mind, he points his wand at a filing cabinet on the opposite side of the archives and mutters, "Mobiliarbus".

"Fo-" r Vyner pauses as the filing cabinet moves a few inches before stopping when Draco lowers his wand.

Mr Vyner's head snaps in the direction of the scraping noise.

"Five," Mr Vyner smirks. "Your time is up, Mr Malfoy." He sets off running in the direction of the noise, thankfully, in the opposite direction.

Draco takes the opportunity to run as quietly as possible towards the archives door. He makes it there within twenty seconds.

"MALFOY!" Mr Vyner shouts and his voice echoes a few times around the room.

Turning around, he finds the other man stood where the filing cabinet had moved. He's glaring around the room, obviously aware that he's been fooled. Draco points his wand at the door to the book vault, casting a silencing charm. Then, making sure Mr Vyner is looking in that general direction he slowly opens the book vault door with a wave of his wand and closes it again.

Mr Vyner stares at the door for a few seconds, then glances around the rest of the vault, seemingly weighing up his options. After another few seconds, he sets off running towards the book vault's door. Draco casts another silencing charm on the archive's door. Checking one last time that Mr Vyner's back is facing him, he opens and closes the door quickly.

He doesn't have time to wait for the disillusionment charm to wear off before exiting into the foyer, instead, he sprints down the corridor and burst out of the door, making the ministry official at her desk jump. He doesn't wait for her reaction as he runs through the door to the right of the lift and up the staircase.