Chapter 107: Congratulations!

Twenty-four hooded figures wearing ivory and gold volto masks sit at eight wooden logs in a circle, hidden away in a Welsh clearing, awaiting their master.

One brave man stood up, stretching his back and neck before pulling his mask to the side to itch his eyebrow.

"I prefer the old ones; less itching," He comments.

"Sit down!" A person sat two logs away from him hisses, checking their watch. "Master will be here in seventy seconds." They add.

The brave man sits with a sigh, and the twenty-four figures resume their silence, as they had been sat in for ten minutes.

Seventy seconds later, grey clouds pass over the clearing, and with a crack of lightning, a tall, hooded figure, wearing a purely gold volto mask disapparates into the centre of the circle.

The new person turns in a full circle, scanning the masks of each hooded figure, recognition present in their eyes as it was the Master who presented each one of them with their mask, individually.

None of the seated figures move or speak, waiting to gauge their Master's mood.

"Death Eater's," Their Master begins, with an obviously charmed deeper voice to disguise their identity. "Welcome!" Their arms open as they turn slowly, not wanting to leave their back to any one Death Eater for too long.

"Welcome, Master." The twenty-four of them return the greeting in unison.

The Master nods, scanning the faces and landing on a smaller figure, sat beside the brave man. "Anquiro, stand," The Master calls their pseudonym.

Anquiro stands quickly; arms tightly pressed to his side. "Yes, Master."

"Come, dear boy, take the stage, you called this meeting, did you not?" The Master beckons the figure forward.

Anquiro nods his head, not making any eye contact with his fellow Death Eater's as he makes his way to the centre of the circle. He can feel all their eyes boring into him. No one other than the Master had ever called a meeting before. The Master had shown interest in him, although he had assumed that had been due to him still being a Hogwarts student when he was initiated into the Death Eater's circle. However, since he graduated, the Master had entrusted him with one of their most essential tasks yet.

"Anquiro, speak." The Master barks.

"Y-yes, Master." He stutters. "The Prophet has been found." He announces to the circle.

The Death Eaters sit up taller, excited by this new development in their plans.

"She was waiting. She knew of my arrival." Anquiro continues. "She claimed to know why I was there and handed me this envelope," He produces a dark red envelope from the folds of his cloak. "And told me to deliver it to no one but my new Master." He finishes, holding the envelope out to the Master.

The Master stares for a prolonged moment before taking the envelope, turning it over, looking for a seal but not finding one.

"Anquiro, did you open this?" The Master asks, eyes glaring into the young man's eyes.

"No, Master." He emphatically shakes his head, eyes returning a look of horror.

"There isn't a seal, Anquiro." The Master smirk audible in their tone of voice.

"It- it's a Muggle envelope." He points out nervously as the seated Death Eaters nervously watch.

"Muggle," The Master glares down at the offending envelope. "Open it, Anquiro." They pass it back to the young man.