Chapter 109: 8th September 2000: Magnus Maddox

Author's Notes: Happy 4th Anniversary! (02/02/2020) I would like to thank all my readers for sticking by me and The Marriage Decree, it wouldn't be half as fun to write without a willing audience.

Draco had spent the night in the armchair between his wife and son, waking up at the smallest sound within the room. When Scorpius wakes up with a cry around six in the morning, Draco lifts him from the hospital crib, rocking him gently as a quick spell checks his nappy. He's dry, as expected after only changing him half an hour ago. He collects a bottle of milk from a box that Healer Heath had told them regulates its temperature, and steps outside of their room, not wanting to wake Hermione. Scorpius latches onto the bottle without complaint as Draco carries him into the family waiting room. He selects a comfortable looking armchair, lowering himself down and leaning back, without disturbing his son.

As it's six in the morning, there were only a few people around, mainly the junior healers chatting at the reception desk. He'd noticed Simon as he passed but didn't return the man's smile. He could have been the one to leak their information to Maddox. He has to trust Harry will get to the bottom of everything. He's going to be busy for the next couple of weeks.

Draco stares down at his son, drinking for the bottle, his long eyelashes fluttering as his eyes twitch. As he continues to stare, the moment becomes surreal in his head. He's holding his son. He's feeding his son. He has a son. A small smile graces his face. This tiny human in his arms is his, and Hermione's.

"I love you," He mutters. "I'm finding it hard to believe that this is real, that you are real, in my arms right now. My beautiful baby boy. You look so much like your mother, but with my face, the Malfoy face. Your hair and your eyes might not be the Malfoy's, but perhaps it's time our family took a new image for the future. You're my future, Scorpius, the future I never thought I would get, and I'm not going to let some silly prophecy take you away from me." He smiles down at Scorpius' light brown eyes. "Hello." He chuckles.

Draco stands, returning to Hermione's room, now Scorpius had finished his bottle and had settled. He replaces his son into the hospital crib and returns to the armchair, waiting for Hermione to wake. Their healer, Heath, had informed them the previous night that they would be able to go home this afternoon if all their checks go well.

He takes his phone from his pocket, wondering if he has any service. Despite there not usually being any in their world, St Mungo's was hidden in the Muggle world, so he's not too surprised to find he has two bars of service.

He writes out a text message.

Draco 06:23

Hermione and I are proud to announce the birth of our son at 2:30 pm on the 7th September 2000. He weighed 6lb 15oz. We look forward to introducing him to the family soon. Draco and Hermione.

He sends the message to everyone listed under the Malfoy group in his contacts.

"How's Scorpius?" Hermione asks with a yawn beside him.

He glances over to find Hermione facing him, still lying down.

"He's perfect, just had a feed." He stands up. "Do you want to sit up?" He asks.

Hermione nods, reaching for the remote control but Draco gets their first, pressing the button until she tells him to stop.

"Is he awake?" She asks.

Draco peers into the crib to find his son's eyes staring back at him. He leans down to pick his son up, cradling him in his arms as he turns to face his wife. Hermione grins, holding her arms out for Draco to place the small bundle against her chest.