Chapter 108: 'Celebrity' 'Journalist'

Draco and Hermione's son, Scorpius, had only been in the world for a little over an hour when there's a knock at their hospital room. They weren't expecting any visitors, as per their request, and their healers entered as they pleased.

"Mum, can you get that for us please?" Hermione asks since she and Draco are both lying on the bed, taking it in turns to hold their son.

"Of course," Sarah stands from the armchair and opens the door. "It's Pansy." She calls over.

"She can come in." Hermione states.

Having heard her friend's agreement, Pansy bursts into the room, a newspaper and envelope under her arm as she walks over to Hermione. She stops in her tracks at the sight of a bare chest Draco cradling his son.

"Oh," She mutters, dropping the items she'd brought with her on the floor. "That's your baby?" She points, looking at Hermione.

"Yes, that's him." Hermione chuckles.

Pansy nods, quickly, but lightly hugging her friend. "Congratulations, I didn't think it would be over so soon." She admits.

"Why are you here, then?" Hermione asks.

"Right, I thought you would want to know," Pansy picks the newspaper up from the floor. "There was an article in the Daily Prophet about you this morning. Minerva showed me during first lesson. It's by Maddox," She raises a knowing eyebrow as she passes the paper over, opened to the first page.

"Magnus Maddox?" Draco asks.

"Yeah, you know any other 'celebrity' 'journalist' by that name?" She rhetorically asks.

Hermione frowns as she reads the article. "The Daily Prophet is delivered at five o'clock every morning. How could Maddox possible know by then that I would be going into labour when I didn't even know until I woke up around six?" She questions.

Pansy smirks excitedly, "They were delayed. They weren't delivered until after eight o'clock,"

"They must have known beforehand, though, so they knew to delay them." She mentions, rereading the article. "There are too many details here. They knew we were at Hogwarts, that Pansy brought Mum, that Scorpius would be born early afternoon. How could they possibly know that?" She asks, becoming distressed.

"Hermione," Draco speaks calmly. "Don't worry yourself with it, you need to rest, I'll deal with it." He promises her, sitting up slowly, balancing Scorpius against his chest and passing him to his mother.

"You're not going anywhere," She warns him.

He presses a kiss to her head before pulling on his shirt. "Pansy, can I have a word?" He nods to the door, fastening his buttons.

Pansy follows him into the corridor. A few healers are walking around, so they speak quietly.

"Can you do me a few favours?" He asks.

Pansy stares at him narrowly, "Depends,"

"I just want you to bring Chris here, Hermione's father. I'm sure she would love to see him. It might take a while since he'll have to sort out childcare. Then, I need you to bring Harry and Ginny here." He states.

"Why them?" Pansy frowns.

"They're Scorpius' godparents," He says, and Pansy opens her mouth. "Don't worry, you'll be the next one's godmother." He assures her.

"No, I was going to say I like the name." She tells him.

Draco smiles, "Thank you, his middle name is Hyperion."