Chapter 77: How do I stop him from crying?

Hermione and Draco were awoken on the Sunday morning of Harry and Ginny's wedding to a loud clap of thunder overhead, followed by a flash of lightning, which lit up their bedroom. Waving her wand at the curtains to open, they find rain slapping against their window at a worrying speed.

"I wonder if it's raining at the Burrow." Draco asks with a yawn and a stretch.

Hermione frowns at him. "This isn't just rain, this is a thunderstorm. It's probably all over the country." She sighs.

"There's wasn't a cloud in sight yesterday." He comments, climbing out of bed and wrapping his dressing gown around him as there's another thunderclap.

"Thank you for your insight," She mutters in annoyance as she climbs out of bed, grabbing her own dressing gown.

Draco sighs, catching her wrist as she tries to walk past him and pulling her into an embrace.

"I'm sorry, I know this is stressful for you." He mutters into her hair.

"Thank you," She sighs. "I'm sorry for snapping. It's just with Ginny being so pregnant, she's placed a lot of responsibility on me, as her Maid of Honour."

"I know." He kisses the top of her head. "And I'll help in any way I can." He adds, stepping away from her and standing to attention. "Where do you want me?"

"I want you downstairs, in the kitchen, eating breakfast because I cannot deal with Ginny and hungry Draco together." She tells him.

Draco opens his mouth to retaliate but thinks better of it and does as he his told. He makes Hermione a bowl of cereal and a cup of tea as well since she hadn't even thought about herself yet. She joins him at the dining table long enough to finish her cereal, then rushes upstairs to complete her makeup, something she doesn't expect to have time to do when she arrives at the burrow for preparations.

Draco takes his time to digest his food and sip at his cup of tea whilst flicking through a potions magazine that Horace had sent him the previous day. The professor had folded down the corner of an article he wanted Draco to read.

"DRACO!" Hermione shouts from their bedroom.

"YES!" He calls back, standing up to place his dirty dishes and cutlery in the sink, setting them to wash themselves.

"WILL YOU PLEASE COME AND GET READY?" She returns.

"I'M COMING." He laughs as he runs up the stairs.

She's sitting at the dressing table when he enters, wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt as she applies some powder to her cheeks.

"When are you getting changed? Do I have to wait until the ceremony?" He asks as he opens their wardrobe.

"Yes, I can't get my dress dirty beforehand." She says. "Your clothes are on the bed." She mentions with a soft smile as she continues with her makeup.

Draco turns around with a bewildered look as his eyes scan their bed. There, in the centre, is a parcel wrapped in silver tissue paper. He glances at Hermione, who's avoiding eye contact as he picks up the clothes and unwraps them.

"Really, linen. I've never worn linen in my life." He sighs, unfolding the white linen shirt.

Hermione has to stop applying her eyeliner to laugh. "It's a summer wedding." She defends herself.

"It's not a beach wedding." He frowns, a thought coming to him. "I draw the line at sandals." He glares at her.

"There's no sandals." She assures him. "And don't worry, the wedding invitation specifically stated the dress code as linen or lightweight clothing."